Ref Watch

Whilst we still get the odd officiating stinker the standard of refereeing in the Champions league is much better. If only we could come to an agreement with the other leagues of Europe and share each others referees on a week by week basis.

The ref yesterday was just shite.
He decided very early that he was going to allow them to foul on every single set piece and rely on VAR.
The handball was obvious and he missed it
There was about 10 fouls from set pieces he ignored
Kdb fouled, ignored
Cancelo dived - miraculously he saw that perfectly and booked (rightly).
The bit that made him a clear cheat for me (as with a lot of his mates) was when foden was fouled he played on, we lo at it and they had a dangerous attack - he never brought it back for the foul
A few mins later Brentford player fouled, he played advantage, then he gave the free kick
These decisions happen to us every game, the little things add up

The ref deliberately turned his back on the keeper to ignore his time wasting. How he got away with that who knows. It was like a pantomime with a player either side of the keeper on goal kicks. Then he waves them up field. All to waste time. Not once did he pass to them. Players falling over. The referee had no control over that game yesterday.

Referees receive a minimum salary of £70,000 per year, with the top referees earning at least £200,000. On top of this, they receive at least £1,500 per game in match fees. That's an additional £30,000 per year for refereeing just 20 games.

I think fans have every right to expect top quality referee performances.

I would happily run the gauntlet of fan abuse every day of the week, for a chance to earn that sort of money. Instead of framing this as what fans deserve, ask yourself whether or not referees deserve £100,000 per year for what they do.

4787ee5f2fd8b14eb19b67dcb06ee132.jpg
Do referees deserve £100,000 per year plus bungs, no they absolutely don’t

The ref deliberately turned his back on the keeper to ignore his time wasting. How he got away with that who knows. It was like a pantomime with a player either side of the keeper on goal kicks. Then he waves them up field. All to waste time. Not once did he pass to them. Players falling over. The referee had no control over that game yesterday.
This 100%. How many times did he do this? I don't blame the Brentford keeper; if he's allowed to do it, then he's going to do it and waste time. Goodness me it was so predictable.

Was utter toss yesterday. He booked Haaland for a challenge one of their attackers made on Akanji who didn't receive a yellow

The reputation of officials in this country is lower than ever I think.

They need to do something to recover that and I honestly think something like having a mic on them would help. It’d dispel any ‘cheat’ accusations and give fans (and players/clubs) context to their uselessness.
The referees are like every other person in the public eye. The reputation of every person in authority has been attacked, whether it be politician, judge or qualified expert on anything.

Truth doesn’t matter any more, just a persuasive rhetoric, and away social media goes to attack/cancel them.

Until we sort that issue out, nothing will change anywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.