Ref Watch

That's what they want you to believe.

Atwell may have reversed the linesman's decision on his own, but all goals are reviewed by VAR, in particular for offside, as a matter of protocol.

It's all so cleverly implemented to obtain whichever outcome they want, just like at Anfield last week.

Want a goal to stand? Over-rule your linesman's off-side, then suddenly its subjective and VAR will find reasons not to re-review it. Or, in the case of last weekend: just accept the goal and VAR will find reasons not to re-review it.

Want the goal ruled out? Leave the flag up and then VAR will find reasons not to re-review it. Or, in the case of last weekend: tell your linesman to put the flag up and VAR will find reasons not to re-review it.

I still don’t understand why the linesman’s flag did not go up straight away. I know they get told not to flag in tight decisions but Rashford was a good 3 yards offside and clearly ran towards the ball.

Funny how the same official had no issue flagging offside for Foden in the first half before he had touched the ball.

Never known a ref to be played so easily by a crowd than I saw yesterday. Every time they shouted for something, he gave it. It was unbelievable.

Also how can the same linesman put his flag up immediately against Foden in the first half yet let Rashford run 20 yards without bothering to raise his flag in the second?

Last edited:
VAR would have confirmed the offside he may have asked them to confirm if he touched the ball
I would expect that Oliver and McCann the lino are embarrassed to be involved in the wrong decision but were powerless to interfere

They could ask the referee to review the interference? Not sure I buy this Webb-influenced nonsense that VAR won't ask referees to review subjective calls.

Webb needs to shut up and get his house in order before he showers us with his wisdom. Reminds me of Musk and Twitter, and we know how that has turned out .....

They could ask the referee to review the interference? Not sure I buy this Webb-influenced nonsense that VAR won't ask referees to review subjective calls.

Webb needs to shut up and get his house in order before he showers us with his wisdom. Reminds me of Musk and Twitter, and we know how that has turned out .....
Appointing Webb is just another nail in the coffin for me...you couldn't think of anyone more appropriate to do the P.L.s dirty work... no-one.

This deserves much much more than just a like.

Is that the Musk who unearthed a mountain of potential corruption at Twitter? We need that guy to audit Pigmol and VAR perhaps

Is it Peter Walton who BT use for his opinion on VAR ? He was salvitatingly excited when he came on air to say it was a goal. Cheating cunts - enough is enough.
I said to myself right away "Peter Walton will say it's a good goal and a correct decision to allow it".

He is such a predictavble lapdog

Offside aside, just watched the cancelo penalty shout and the winning goal......both checked and completed within seconds. Unbelievable.

How many times do we see a player yards offside just a couple of yards inside an opponent’s half,but the lines man won,t raise the flag till they have run a further 20/30 yards,because of this new way of officiating City would hold off tackling.,the “new “way will result in “offside”players getting wiped out and serious injury occurring.Who are the ”brains”behind these stupid ideas.

How many times do we see a player yards offside just a couple of yards inside an opponent’s half,but the lines man won,t raise the flag till they have run a further 20/30 yards,because of this new way of officiating City would hold off tackling.,the “new “way will result in “offside”players getting wiped out and serious injury occurring.Who are the ”brains”behind these stupid ideas.
exactly, commit a foul to get the offside decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.