Ref Watch

If Rashford was not "Active", why did Fernandes shout at him to leave it?

Ten times a game we see somebody shielding the ball without attempting to play it so that they have the throw in/goal kick/whatever. This is not obstruction because they are deemed to be in control of the ball. As I recall, you are in control of the ball when it is within playing distance.

By the same yardstick Rashford was clearly in control of the ball.

But according to Attwell, he was in control of the ball without interfering with play. Go figure.

I`ve got a leak of the show notes for tomorrow`s Ref Watch on Sky:

Sky anchorman......"well I think it`s offside"

Stephen Warnock......"it`s offside Rashford is interfering with play"

Sue Smith......."Definitely offside"

Dermot Gallagher......"not offside, it`s a legitimate goal. Stuart Attwell is a top referee and I think he had an excellent game"

Dermot Gallagher......"not offside, it`s a legitimate goal. Stuart Attwell is a top referee and I think he had an excellent game"
Don't.
I'm still struggling to get over it

I think Mr Gallagher has already said on a US network he thinks it would be better if they’d have disallowed it…. Roll on tomorrow….

The wording or laws won't be changed.

The subjectivity is what they want. They can call it either way and hide behind their bullshit.

It was offside, simple as that.

^ 100 per cent this…. Remember us conceding a pen at Schalke in the CL when it hit the hand - we were told doesn’t matter doesn’t have to be intent - it’s a pen if it strikes the hand. Later that season Lorente handles in the CL against us… no pen because there was no intent !! Pick that one out….

If that did happen it still isn’t the linesman fault his flag was ignored. He can’t make decisions, only give advice.
Then what is the point of them if their advice is ignored? The lino clearly though he was off, and then something happened and he folded like a deck chair in a stiff breeze without 'seemingly' any interaction with the referee.

^ 100 per cent this…. Remember us conceding a pen at Schalke in the CL when it hit the hand - we were told doesn’t matter doesn’t have to be intent - it’s a pen if it strikes the hand. Later that season Lorente handles in the CL against us… no pen because there was no intent !! Pick that one out….
CL is MORE bent than the PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.