Ref Watch

The question is, has anybody seen that type of infringement ever given? I know that in my time I’ve never seen anything like it.

I don’t recall ever seeing a comparable incident to start with. Although it would only have really been possible in the last couple of years since the delayed flag became a thing.

I don’t recall ever seeing a comparable incident to start with. Although it would only have really been possible in the last couple of years since the delayed flag became a thing.
And that’s the point, whether it was then or now, the offside is always called.

Simple really.

Rashford was the furthest player on the pitch so the ball was obviously played for him to run onto, so the flag should have been raised the second he ran towards the ball, it’s that simple, and we know full well that’s what would have happened at the other end, just like any of the penalty shouts we had would’ve been given at the other end. The full back fouled Mahrez about 6 times but still didn’t get booked, and Casemiro got away with nudges and fouls all afternoon. It f*****’ stinks !

We are told week-in/week-out that what happened is offside, and that has been proved by the actions of every refereeing team who have disallowed a goal, if not just the movement.

Then, one day, that all changes. The game changes beyond all recognition from every game before.

... whilst going on to say 'but by the letter of the law the referee was 100% correct'. And then the panel will accept his superior knowledge of the LOTG as gospel, and subtly move on to just how brilliant the Rag's were and how they genuinely deserved to win the game, and in three days time it will all be forgotten and everyone will move on.
Fair enough, only saw a few seconds clip of it originally. Having watched it all now he does indeed say that. He also says rashford never touched the ball (so that's in his favour). Which totally ignores the actual laws of the game which state he doesnt need to touch it to be deemed active… he also omits the part of law around line of sight being compromised quite handily for him. Cheating clueless twat

Rashford was the furthest player on the pitch so the ball was obviously played for him to run onto, so the flag should have been raised the second he ran towards the ball, it’s that simple, and we know full well that’s what would have happened at the other end, just like any of the penalty shouts we had would’ve been given at the other end. The full back fouled Mahrez about 6 times but still didn’t get booked, and Casemiro got away with nudges and fouls all afternoon. It f*****’ stinks !
I think the worse foul of the game was by the rat from behind on someone (can't remember who as i was too busy looking at the ref to get his card out). He didn't book him, probably cos he didn't want his ear bending for the rest of the game, but then booked Erikson as a good will gesture to make up for not booking the rat

Absolute joke!

Attachments

• AC948327-8FFD-40F3-84E8-FE47F4FB4A39.jpeg
    AC948327-8FFD-40F3-84E8-FE47F4FB4A39.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 78
  • E2A16D72-DF61-4A5C-8A77-BD7C27B5E543.jpeg
    E2A16D72-DF61-4A5C-8A77-BD7C27B5E543.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 79
And that’s the point, whether it was then or now, the offside is always called.

Simple really.

If this had been a League Cup game with no VAR ( and therefore no delayed flags ) he would have flagged as soon as Rashford made a movement towards the ball and it would never have even got as far as Fernandez getting involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.