Ref Watch

I listened to a podcast on bbc from before Xmas today with none other than ref supremo Howard Webb. He actually talked about bringing in improvements of all areas & name dropped a coach from the Rags. YCMIU all the controversy of him linked with them cunts & the shameless fucker says that.

Anyway his opinion was VAR will be used a lot less, it’s not there to re-referee & professionals can’t agree on decisions so get used to not agreeing

The fix is in……
'VAR won't be used to re-referee games UNLESS...'

We all know EXACTLY how they are going to use it - Cheating C*NTS!!!

I listened to a podcast on bbc from before Xmas today with none other than ref supremo Howard Webb. He actually talked about bringing in improvements of all areas & name dropped a coach from the Rags. YCMIU all the controversy of him linked with them cunts & the shameless fucker says that.

Anyway his opinion was VAR will be used a lot less, it’s not there to re-referee & professionals can’t agree on decisions so get used to not agreeing

The fix is in……
We seem to keep going round in circles with VAR.

It started off as "clear and obvious" and it changed because it just meant the on-field decision was being kept almost every time and wrong decisions were being ignored by VAR.

VAR then started getting involved in everything and we got some weird and wonderful penalty decisions. The game was becoming a farce.

It then looked like they were on the right path (not perfect by any means) but closer to where it should be. No real "clear and obvious" bar, just...has the on-field ref potentially made a mistake?

Now Webb has come in and taken it back to "clear and obvious" again and stating that VAR shouldn't really be getting involved.

Who is Webb to decide this? Given what has gone before, why has it been decided that he can say that VAR needs to sit in the corner and be quiet? Its an absolute farce.

VAR needs taking away from referees and given to an independent body. I am sick to death of this old-boys club (see the likes of Walton and Gallagher) just backing their mates and changing the implementation of VAR to keep themselves in a job.

Looking back at that offside goal probably would of been better if our defence stopped and put there arm up
Issue is they're told not to do that now and to play it through but like it did on Saturday, it allows a non-legitimate play to go through and then the opposition can pressure the referee into giving it.

I wouldn't have been against Pep dragging them off the pitch, assuming he or the coaching staff had seen a replay.

Just watched the dermot Gallagher interpretation of that offside my god the hoops he went through to say why Attwell gave it was unbelievable! It’s like you can’t have a go at referee and can’t tell you if that was the other way around we all know it wouldn’t of been given and they’d be no one saying a thing about it but if they asked Gallagher about it he be saying great call by Attwell to not give it!

The refs must have some sort of brain damage. They are using a tool (VAR) in the worst way anyone could devise.

Any wrong decision that has been seen a few times on VAR replay becomes clear and obvious. If they don't go with the correct decision after reviewing the footage, then they just look ever more inept, which is part of what we're seeing. Literally reasoning "my decision wasn't bad enough so let's stick with it", instead of "I can clearly see I was wrong after video review, so let's go with the correct decision".

The difficulty in implementation they've had for VAR shows some sort of learning disability at this point.

It's one of two things:

1.) The refs do in fact have learning disabilities.

2.) The refs want to be able to manipulate games up to the point at which people start holding investigations for fraud and match fixing.

What kind of idiot would think it's going to be seen favorably to review footage, see that it's a wrong decision, but stick with it because there might be the slightest bit of ambiguity? That being said, overturning the linesman on Saturday was option #2.

It started off as "clear and obvious" and it changed because it just meant the on-field decision was being kept almost every time and wrong decisions were being ignored by VAR.

VAR then started getting involved in everything and we got some weird and wonderful penalty decisions. The game was becoming a farce.

It then looked like they were on the right path (not perfect by any means) but closer to where it should be. No real "clear and obvious" bar, just...has the on-field ref potentially made a mistake?

Now Webb has come in and taken it back to "clear and obvious" again and stating that VAR shouldn't really be getting involved.

Who is Webb to decide this? Given what has gone before, why has it been decided that he can say that VAR needs to sit in the corner and be quiet? Its an absolute farce.

VAR needs taking away from referees and given to an independent body. I am sick to death of this old-boys club (see the likes of Walton and Gallagher) just backing their mates and changing the implementation of VAR to keep themselves in a job.

The thing was after all those changes the Rags were still wank. We are now hearing more things like match day commander a hell of a lot more.

I think we need to understand a lot more of their involvement.

"We've brought this system in to make the game fairer, but we aren't going to let you see behind the curtains. Just trust us...".

Reading some of that as you’ve wrote it, it seems there is so much to review, almost like a forensic examination (didn’t they say they wouldn’t do that, or has that changed ?) but, more importantly, whomever made the decision, it seems they’ve given Rashford/the rags the ‘benefit of the doubt’ when each and every one of those questions is posed.
That was kinda my point. The ref who was nowhere near play has made a load of assumptions from a position/perspective, he should never have. He’s fall back should have been to go to VAR and say is there any reason to overrule my linesman….. Minimum

Just watched the dermot Gallagher interpretation of that offside my god the hoops he went through to say why Attwell gave it was unbelievable! It’s like you can’t have a go at referee and can’t tell you if that was the other way around we all know it wouldn’t of been given and they’d be no one saying a thing about it but if they asked Gallagher about it he be saying great call by Attwell to not give it!
This

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.