Ref Watch

I'm calling BULLSH*T.

I GUARANTEE VAR would have stepped in at the other end of the pitch had that been given as a goal AGAINST the Rag's

They do whatever the f*ck they want, and there is NO comeback.

I don't disagree - which I'm why so keen to actually find out how Atwell reached that decision (and it was allowed to stand) without any input from them.

His interpretation of the offside 'law' subsequently opens it to allow teams to place players anywhere on set pieces or even in open play. Effectively makes the defensive line redundant.

I'm with you. Still fuming. It's not the wrong decision, or the fact we lost the match as a result. Although those hurt in the short term. It's the contempt with which they treat us, the fans. VAR and its associated protocols are strangling the game and I am questioning if it's worth getting up at 3 in the morning every matchday to watch when there are other priorities in life as well. God only knows what those of you who pay to get to, and into, games are thinking.
Defeats, I can handle. Been a fan since the early seventies and there were periods when defeats weren't that unusual (hard for younger BMers to believe I know, but it's true!). If the side gives it all, or if we're simply beaten by a better side (again, having given it our best shot), then so be it. But we put up the white flag at Southampton. And we were cheated on saturday. Those two results sting.

I don't disagree - which I'm why so keen to actually find out how Atwell reached that decision (and it was allowed to stand) without any input from them.

His interpretation of the offside 'law' subsequently opens it to allow teams to place players anywhere on set pieces or even in open play. Effectively makes the defensive line redundant.
We'll never find out because there is no transparency. Best we can hope for is a token apology delivered through a stifled snigger.

Any talk of a subjective call and VAR not being allowed to intervene is out and out gaslighting.

Cheating bastards.
We were told that every goal was checked by VAR. Remember our disallowed goal against Liverpool when VAR went back to us gaining possession near the halfway line and said it was a foul getting the ball at the start of the attack. Today ref Gallagher said it was the referees decision so VAR was not needed. Something is wrong and it stinks. Every professional I have heard have said it should have been disallowed for various reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.