Ref Watch

This is stretching things a bit. When was the last time you heard there was no offside because a certain player didn't touch the ball? The player in an offside position touching the ball is mentioned very briefly in the LOTG. There is much more emphasis on players interfering with play or interfering with an opponent.

They should be discussing together whether Rashford was interfering with play, not whether or not he touched the ball.

And here's another point to think about. Akanji ran past Rashford, so in that sequence of play, Cann's view of Rashford was blocked. How can Cann say definitively that Rashford didn't touch the ball? Answer - he can't. So maybe it should have gone to VAR after all.

However you look at this, it was a stitch up. And Cann is as much to blame as Attwell.
4c2f194fd1f35c2e968667b41880f1bc.jpg

I’m stretching the imagination a bit? Jesus, have you read the rest of the forum?

We don't know what Cann said to Attwell as officials are not miked up, they can do this for Rugby and Cricket so why not football?
If Cann said he (Fishfingers) didn't touch the ball then he's culpable but we will never know and PGMOL will close ranks to cover their arses if asked.
If Cann told Attwell he wasn't sure then it should have been referred but in all the smoke and mirrors, gaslighting and bullshit does anyone know whether VAR looked at this or provided any advice?
Yeah, there is plenty of speculation and hearsay, but PGMOL haven't as yet given a statement. I'm sure I've heard that Attwell consulted Cann on whether or not Rashford touched the ball. Cann must have said he didn't, but as proved above, Cann didn't know this for certain. So he has lied, and therefore cheated.

Attwell is said to have made the unilateral decision on whether or not there was interference with play or opponents. So to not ask Cann his opinion on that is a dereliction of his duties. He a cheat as well.

Last edited:
Agree with virtually everything but to be fair to Cann, he raised his flag at the end of the phase to signal that correctly that it was offside.
Cann is the assistant and his role is to assist/advise the referee and he did this.
Attwell was the referee and chose to overrule/ignore his assistant and law 11.
Does anybody remember from a couple of years ago when a ref gave a decision but the lines man disagreed and stood with his flag up until the ref went and had a word and changed his award to a corner. The linesman then performed a fist pump when the kick was taken. Or am imagining that they really should be team?

Well I've just read some of the comments on this thread from today, and I want to say I feel like this decision was made 5 minutes ago, I'm as angry and mad as I was on Saturday, not good for my health, I'm going to have to go for a walk to fooking calm down. What a disgraceful decision and down right cheating by that scumbag Atwell.

It`s started Poll has gone full Rag fan boy

Oh Graham Poll, you`re a fcuking Arsehole.....

Pep Guardiola is 'SCANDALOUS' to suggest refs are biased at Old Trafford, says ex-official

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has been slammed by Graham Poll, who says, "you have to admire" officials for giving such a controversial Manchester United goal

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/pe...ster-city-man-city-derby-graham-poll-referees

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.