Ref Watch

So, IFAB discussed the "goal", checked whether there was a loophole in the offside law that could be used to the benefit of the attacking team, and decided that there was no loophole to close.

Thereby confirming that that whole shitshow was down to the complete and utter incompetence of the matchday officials.

We await an explanation and unreserved apology from PGMOL.

Yeah right...

IFAB have just announced a purge on time wasting & refs to be mic’ed up at the Club World Cup, it seems they are looking at following the World Cup model of timekeeping. Oh and our old friend Alty Taylor is gonna be one of the officials trialing it, a step in the right direction but the PL are that arrogant & reliant on their golden goose that I fear it’ll be another five years before we see it here, when in reality it should be next season
PGMOL went against VAR guidance in 19/20 by allowing VAR officials to decide penalty awards rather than the onfield referee.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they chose to ignore it, they're certainly arrogant enough and it wouldn't be the first time.

Strange how they are being mic'd up to hear about time wasting, but not to stop diving, cheating, and corruption.
The subjective view from Pigmol will be that we dont have any of those problems so we don't need it, but thanks anyway. W4nkers
They do like a subjective view do PGMOL, our impartial guardians and protectors of the laws of the game. A true bastion of integrity.

PGMOL went against VAR guidance in 19/20 by allowing VAR officials to decide penalty awards rather than the onfield referee.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they chose to ignore it, they're certainly arrogant enough and it wouldn't be the first time.
If they ignore it, surely Oliver and Taylor will be blacklisted by FIFA. I can't see them looking that to much.

Webb probably knows he will have to come into line at some point.

So, IFAB discussed the "goal", checked whether there was a loophole in the offside law that could be used to the benefit of the attacking team, and decided that there was no loophole to close.

Thereby confirming that that whole shitshow was down to the complete and utter incompetence of the matchday officials.

We await an explanation and unreserved apology from PGMOL.

Yeah right...
I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!

The law is fine, the issue on Saturday was the incompetent/spineless/cheating **** Attwell failed to do what he is very well paid to do which is to follow it.
All of this shite about subjective/grey areas/open to interpretation is bollocks.

The law was changed 2 years ago when we benefitted against Villa when Rodri came from an offside position to tackle Mings and set up Bernardo.
Mings wasn't in control of the ball as stated in the laws at the time so the goal was correctly given
The referee followed the law even though Walton made a tit of himself live on air by saying that referee didn't.
The law was changed because of this.

There was an outcry then to ensure this couldn't happen again.
Saturdays scenario won't happen again providing the referee follows the law and does what he is paid to do.
Great post, perfectly summarising the situation.

PGMOL would be advised to apologise and pick a scapegoat for the Fernandes equaliser. If they don't, they will have players the length and breadth of the country shielding the ball from their offside positions, claiming exemption from being penalised. It'll be chaos.

If they ignore it, surely Oliver and Taylor will be blacklisted by FIFA. I can't see them looking that to much.

Webb probably knows he will have to come into line at some point.
Webb will check with his mate the GPC.
The CEO of the PL will ask the red arsecheeks for permission to use it, the same CEO whose appointment they approved.

Great post, perfectly summarising the situation.

PGMOL would be advised to apologise and pick a scapegoat for the Fernandes equaliser. If they don't, they will have players the length and breadth of the country shielding the ball from their offside positions, claiming exemption from being penalised. It'll be chaos.
Pep has said we won't ask for an apology and I believe as head coach he's trying to keep his players focused on the future and looking back in anger (no pun intended) will affect their focus.

It will be interesting to see if PGMOL do apologise but I'm not holding my breath and us not kicking up a fuss suits them.

PGMOL should apologise but they're so arrogant I wouldn't e surprised if they don't.

Pep has said we won't ask for an apology and I believe as head coach he's trying to keep his players focused on the future and looking back in anger (no pun intended) will affect their focus.

It will be interesting to see if PGMOL do apologise but I'm not holding my breath and us not kicking up a fuss suits them.

PGMOL should apologise but they're so arrogant I wouldn't e surprised if they don't.
But as a City fan I want Pep and the club to kick off big time and at least rattle their cages somewhat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.