Ref Watch

Me too, I'm still fuming over 4 days later and I would imagine our senior leaders are not too impressed either.
They tend ot to do things in public and I would like to think things have been said behind the scenes.
Whether the arrogant PGMOL do or say anything is a different matter though.
Pep has said numerous times after we've been on the end of some highly dubious decisions away to the two red arsecheeks " we know where we are", "referees are scared to give anything here", "This is Anfield" "This is Old Trafford"
He knows the score and that he's pissing in the wind saying anything.
If we kick up a stink the PiGMOL will just tighten the screws and f*ck us harder.

Mob tactics.

Pep has said we won't ask for an apology and I believe as head coach he's trying to keep his players focused on the future and looking back in anger (no pun intended) will affect their focus.

It will be interesting to see if PGMOL do apologise but I'm not holding my breath and us not kicking up a fuss suits them.

PGMOL should apologise but they're so arrogant I wouldn't e surprised if they don't.
And here in lies the problem. Our hierarchy is far too timid and passive on so many matters. I’m sick of it. So many times when we have had an opportunity to speak up. It’s not like the softly, softly approach has helped the narrative.

So many decisions that a referee makes are an interpretation/subjective application of the laws. That’s their job. To referee the match and apply the laws. What needs to be acknowledged (and an apology should be made) is that Atwell got it so spectacularly wrong. His implementation of the laws of offside were wrong. It was a critical decision and it impacted on the outcome of the match.

For the sake of all referees in whatever league it needs to be made clear that what transpired in the Derby is offside and should have been called offside. At well was wrong. He has been spoken to, the referees association has been spoken to. It’s OK to be wrong and to learn from mistakes. At the end of the day it’s through making mistakes and learning from them that we get better in life.

There was way more interpretation variance in the Rodri “handball” incident wrt the application of that law at Goodson last year. Personally, I still can see why that could be argued as Handball or Not Handball. However this offside incident I cannot see how anyone aside from a rabid United fav can possibly argue that was onside and Atwells interpretation/application of the offside law is something we’re happy with continuing up and down the country of a weekend.

If we kick up a stink the PiGMOL will just tighten the screws and f*ck us harder.

Mob tactics.
I don’t see how they can.

Has being silent or when we have implied something (This is Anfield / Old Trafford) really helped us previously?

Sorry, but IMO we come across as a soft touch and not prepared for a fight. Unfortunately this is how I currently see this team too. Passive.

I don’t see how they can.

Has being silent or when we have implied something (This is Anfield / Old Trafford) really helped us previously?

Sorry, but IMO we come across as a soft touch and not prepared for a fight. Unfortunately this is how I currently see this team too. Passive.

Pep says you can’t give players excuses. I think he realises that he has to find a way above the mob tactics to out do them.

It pisses me off but if we call it out it will be twisted by the media.

And here in lies the problem. Our hierarchy is far too timid and passive on so many matters. I’m sick of it. So many times when we have had an opportunity to speak up. It’s not like the softly, softly approach has helped the narrative.

So many decisions that a referee makes are an interpretation/subjective application of the laws. That’s their job. To referee the match and apply the laws. What needs to be acknowledged (and an apology should be made) is that Atwell got it so spectacularly wrong. His implementation of the laws of offside were wrong. It was a critical decision and it impacted on the outcome of the match.

For the sake of all referees in whatever league it needs to be made clear that what transpired in the Derby is offside and should have been called offside. At well was wrong. He has been spoken to, the referees association has been spoken to. It’s OK to be wrong and to learn from mistakes. At the end of the day it’s through making mistakes and learning from them that we get better in life.

There was way more interpretation variance in the Rodri “handball” incident wrt the application of that law at Goodson last year. Personally, I still can see why that could be argued as Handball or Not Handball. However this offside incident I cannot see how anyone aside from a rabid United fav can possibly argue that was onside and Atwells interpretation/application of the offside law is something we’re happy with continuing up and down the country of a weekend.
Perfect summation.
I'm not surprised our senior leaders haven't kicked up a fuss and maybe if they did every now and again the likes of PGMOL may think twice.
Maybe Pep doesn't want this distracting the players who are obviously fuming and keeping this in the public eye would only give the weasels in the media more ammunition to stir things up in pre and post match interviews and distract the players from the task in hand

I will always maintain that this subjective narrative is a smokescreen, if they just held up their hands and admitted to their mistakes they might gain some respect and credibility.

I work in a school and i agree, you learn from your mistakes so why not own them?
It's a strength not a weakness, covering up and hiding behind the subjective narrative just makes them look weak, incompetent and frankly arrogant in the way they try to insult our intelligence with their gaslighting.

The Rodri one is interesting, Tierney who was the referee said no handball and several minutes of forensic examination of every conceivable angle being looked at couldn't provide conclusive evidence he was wrong so by default Tierney was correct and therefore had followed the laws correctly. Equally had Tierney given it the same principle applies.
I did shit it at the time but I also understand Richarlison was offside too?
Everyone I've spoken to has said Attwell got it wrong and it's not the first time he's made such a glaring error.

Pep says you can’t give players excuses. I think he realises that he has to find a way above the mob tactics to out do them.

It pisses me off but if we call it out it will be twisted by the media.
Thats conflating two issues.

It’s broader than this one incident. The way we have reacted to this is the way we have reacted to most incidents over the last 5+ years. I can’t see how the media could be any worse in their coverage of City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.