Ref Watch

Thats conflating two issues.

It’s broader than this one incident. The way we have reacted to this is the way we have reacted to most incidents over the last 5+ years. I can’t see how the media could be any worse in their coverage of City.

I can’t argue with that.

Me too, I'm still fuming over 4 days later and I would imagine our senior leaders are not too impressed either.
They tend ot to do things in public and I would like to think things have been said behind the scenes.
Whether the arrogant PGMOL do or say anything is a different matter though.
Pep has said numerous times after we've been on the end of some highly dubious decisions away to the two red arsecheeks " we know where we are", "referees are scared to give anything here", "This is Anfield" "This is Old Trafford"
He knows the score and that he's pissing in the wind saying anything.
I know they like to do things quietly, but us fans don't get to know about it. We're all still fuming days after it and want them to say something if only for our benefit.
I'm not even watching tomorrow as I cant deal with that type of sh!t twice in a week, its really that f***ing annoying.

Thats conflating two issues.

It’s broader than this one incident. The way we have reacted to this is the way we have reacted to most incidents over the last 5+ years. I can’t see how the media could be any worse in their coverage of City.
Just ban the f****g lot of them from attending our home games, stop sucking up to them, just tell them no.
And the same with refs, make a statement each time that we aren't happy, turn up to Pigmol every week, with a full law team, dig the dirt on them and then out them.
Enough is enough City, squash these cheating scumbags.

If you can't beat em , join em , that's how the old saying goes... Khaldoon Al Mubarak should put himself forward (ie: bribe the relevant people) to get himself the CEO job for the Premier league , then Pep would get to choose which refs he wants to referee our games ..Fergie and David Gill had many successful and happy years under this arrangement..

ive been refereeing for 12 years now and we are instructed as such...say a ball is knocked over the top for example, if a/the player in an offside position immediately makes a run for the ball.blow straight away..if he stays still / passive play on..EVERY referee HAS that interpretation...so yes it is disgustingly obvious they are doing everything they can to fuck us over.

ive been refereeing for 12 years now and we are instructed as such...say a ball is knocked over the top for example, if a/the player in an offside position immediately makes a run for the ball.blow straight away..if he stays still / passive play on..EVERY referee HAS that interpretation...so yes it is disgustingly obvious they are doing everything they can to fuck us over.
Agree with that apart from the last bit mate, I think ‘fucking us over’ is just a byproduct of trying to get the rags right up there atm, as someone once said (or words to the affect) it’s bad for the brand them not competing.

I know they like to do things quietly, but us fans don't get to know about it. We're all still fuming days after it and want them to say something if only for our benefit.
I'm not even watching tomorrow as I cant deal with that type of sh!t twice in a week, its really that f***ing annoying.
Us turning our backs is what they want.
Makes it all the sweeter if you stand defiantly when we win and it boils more piss.
Pep alluded to this when he said we get no help and we have to earn everything as he knows certain clubs receive a helping hand when the opportunity to provide one arises.

I agree that sometimes the senior leaders should speak up in public but policy is clearly to do things in private.
If we complained about everything, it would be spun as City whinging which would make any statements more powerful if they were only made on occasions and like you I think a public statement would have helped as many fans think we just bend over and accept it every time which in reality probably isn't the case.

Different instructions if you’ve got a VAR.

Different instructions if you’ve got a VAR.
If it is as obvious as the Rashford offside there is NO reason whatsoever for the referee not to blow his whistle as soon as the player runs towards the ball. If the referee or lino thought they needed VAR to confirm that offside, perhaps they might want to consider a visit to that well-known High-Street optician because that was an EASY decision.

If it is as obvious as the Rashford offside there is NO reason whatsoever for the referee not to blow his whistle as soon as the player runs towards the ball. If the referee or lino thought they needed VAR to confirm that offside, perhaps they might want to consider a visit to that well-known High-Street optician because that was an EASY decision.

I ain’t getting into that shit again. The point I was addressing is a general one that a linesman will have different instructions if he is doing a game with a VAR, than if there wasn’t one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.