Ref Watch

The T-shirt rule was abandoned, the handball rule starts at the shoulder now. So the only questions are is his arm in an unnatural position, has he made himself bigger and has the ball touched any part of his arm. It's a yes on all those questions. stonewall penalty
ha....is that true? if so 100% penalty he knew what he was doing.

From the main pictures on Sky:
Grealish - looked like a push at normal speed, but no replays were shown from any other angles
Richarlison - I've said that my opinion was no, it hit him at the top of the arm.
Haaland - assuming that this is Haaland/Lloris, I think he slipped when reacting to where the ball had gone. A replay suggested his studs just didn't get purchase on the ground. Nothing in it.
or there was one where there was possible contact with a defender. Memory doesn't tell me that it was that much of a claim, a collision rather than a foul. Would be happy to reconsider that memory if video was available.
I think the Haaland one is on the edge on the box when he falls over as a defender is near him, similar to the Mahrez booking, not the incident with Lloris. Grealish one was just a joke not to give and the Richarlison one I called in real time at the game, staggered it was rejected after a few seconds given that his arm was at right angles to his body making is larger and it hit him on the top of his elbow. Penalty all day long under the current laws. Look at his face as he jogs out of the box, he knows it's a penalty

Oh when the ref hides his cards,
Oh when the ref hides his cards,
There's only gonna be one winner
When the ref hides his cards ... City!

Let them know!
There was a guy in front of me who was enthusiastically waving his own yellow card every time the refs went missing was cracking me up I might have to start bringing one too

From the main pictures on Sky:
Grealish - looked like a push at normal speed, but no replays were shown from any other angles
Richarlison - I've said that my opinion was no, it hit him at the top of the arm.
Haaland - assuming that this is Haaland/Lloris, I think he slipped when reacting to where the ball had gone. A replay suggested his studs just didn't get purchase on the ground. Nothing in it.
or there was one where there was possible contact with a defender. Memory doesn't tell me that it was that much of a claim, a collision rather than a foul. Would be happy to reconsider that memory if video was available.

Yeah it looked a push - Grealish was fuming about it and chased after the ref

The T-shirt rule was abandoned, the handball rule starts at the shoulder now. So the only questions are is his arm in an unnatural position, has he made himself bigger and has the ball touched any part of his arm. It's a yes on all those questions. stonewall penalty

Ah, yes it's armpit now - cheers.
I still don't think it hit him significantly outside his body shape from what I've seen.

This was posted earlier - he's close, his arm is out but the contact is very close to his shoulder/body silhouette as he turns. Could be given, but far from nailed on in my opinion.
View attachment 66525If anyone ever mentions Rodri last season, this definitely cancels that out.

I did wonder why it wasn't replayed, it seemed important. There seemed no reason for Grealish to fall over without a helping hand there as he was ahead of the defender.
You see a lot of this now, no replay for contentious decisions or they show the worst angle possible where the actual incident cannot be seen.

I think the Haaland one is on the edge on the box when he falls over as a defender is near him, similar to the Mahrez booking, not the incident with Lloris. Grealish one was just a joke not to give and the Richarlison one I called in real time at the game, staggered it was rejected after a few seconds given that his arm was at right angles to his body making is larger and it hit him on the top of his elbow. Penalty all day long under the current laws. Look at his face as he jogs out of the box, he knows it's a penalty

Cheers, without a replay of that Haaland incident, I couldn't say if anything dodgy happened.

From Dale Johnson re the handball

Listened to him on the Bluemoon pod and his breakdown of the Rashford offside was better to hear than in his article. Emphasised how unlucky it was and how the more palatable decision would have been offside

From Dale Johnson re the handball

Listened to him on the Bluemoon pod and his breakdown of the Rashford offside was better to hear than in his article. Emphasised how unlucky it was and how the more palatable decision would have been offside

He's also full of shit, the Rodri handball wasnt a 'howler', it was the correct decision according to the bullshittery of the laws that were in place last year.
Don't get me wrong, in any other year that would be a handball but because of the 't-shirt line' law they brought in to help out VAR the fact that the video replay showed that the ball may have touched above that imaginary line meant it couldn't be a penalty under their stupid VAR guidance.
The fake outrage over the Rodri incident is just gaslighting to make the scousers feel better and to gloss over the mess they've been making with changing the rules to better suit VAR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.