Ref Watch

Yeah, it was barely a foul by Mahrez, and wasn't stopping an obvious attack either, there were players ahead of the attacker. Pretty much our first foul, and Lewis had been fouled at least 3 times by then, this happens to us week in, week out.

I thought Mahrez was unlucky, but the forward was in front and fell over - it's pretty much a certain yellow card. However on that one, the forward was only marginally in front and changed to run across Mahrez - nothing Mahrez could do about the contact at all. The type of foul forwards used to buy off Richard Dunne.

The clogging was pretty obvious - 6 fouls recorded in 25 minutes is a lot in any game, and a card should have come out for at least one of them. I assume Lewis was a target because there aren't many other defensive players you can knock out of their game.

I've seen elsewhere that the crowd got on the ref's back - well, yes, a lot of fouls with no cards will do that.

I appreciate that I'm in a minority, but I didn't think the handball was a penalty. Richarlison did have his arm up, but he was hit up at the top of the arm (on the T-shirt line) as he was turning away rather than further away from his body. Could have been given, but it wasn't that solid as I saw it.

Oh when the ref hides his cards,
Oh when the ref hides his cards,
There's only gonna be one winner
When the ref hides his cards ... City!

Let them know!

Last edited:
As I sit in the SS L3 can someone who watched it on TV tell me was Grealish fouled as he ran through late on it certainly looked like it to me, also apparently there was a handball by Richarlison, was there? And finally Haaland seemed to be brought down late on in the box, was it a penalty?

From the main pictures on Sky:
Grealish - looked like a push at normal speed, but no replays were shown from any other angles
Richarlison - I've said that my opinion was no, it hit him at the top of the arm.
Haaland - assuming that this is Haaland/Lloris, I think he slipped when reacting to where the ball had gone. A replay suggested his studs just didn't get purchase on the ground. Nothing in it.
or there was one where there was possible contact with a defender. Memory doesn't tell me that it was that much of a claim, a collision rather than a foul. Would be happy to reconsider that memory if video was available.

Just thinking again about how Riyad was carded for trying to avoid making contact with a spurs player whilst Hojberg continually hacked away at Rico and Jack before he got a card… then he and other Spurs players continued doing it.

And we wonder why players were hesitant to give it back last night.

The officials know exactly what they’re doing.
If that Holjberg ever comes in The Claremont he’s getting a pool cue to the face the shithouse.

If that Holjberg ever comes in The Claremont he’s getting a pool cue to the face the shithouse.
Glad to hear its still open.

Am absolutely sick of having to beat the officials as well as the opposition. The ref last night was appalling.

I appreciate that I'm in a minority, but I didn't think the handball was a penalty. Richarlison did have his arm up, but he was hit up at the top of the arm (on the T-shirt line) as he was turning away rather than further away from his body. Could have been given, but it wasn't that solid as I saw it.
The T-shirt rule was abandoned, the handball rule starts at the shoulder now. So the only questions are is his arm in an unnatural position, has he made himself bigger and has the ball touched any part of his arm. It's a yes on all those questions. stonewall penalty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.