Ref Watch

In which case why was he not booked ?
Exactly what I said at the time, it was that dramatic it could only be a pen or a card, there was also no announcement that anything went to VAR on the big screens, which was totally different to the disallowed Mahrez goal, which was clearly offside, and was clearly displayed

Gundog was lucky not to have a fractured cheekbone or broken jaw after that assault today. To be fair to the defender I don't think he meant to do him quite like that but there was certainly intent to clatter into him. The directive for this season has been to allow a certain amount of contact but something like this incident is the direct result of that. It's going to end with someone seriously hurt and then we'll have the screaming for protection of the players again. We were winning 1-0 at half-time & I was still spitting feathers because of the officiating again. Only football can do this.

The first foul on Lewis by Nunez was worthy of a yellow but ref just gave him a talking to. He then allowed Grealish to again be kicked to kingdom come before finally getting out a card. Wolves fans derided him so much he gave one to Rodri for the merest shirt tug just to appease them. An absolute scandal that the penalty at the end of the first half wasn't given and was even thinking the one that we did get might've been ignored too. It was that blatant though I don't think he had much choice. Thankfully we went on for a comfortable win and pretty much made Coote irrelevant for the rest of the 2nd half.

Worst decision of the weekend was at Klanfield. Within the first 3 or 4 minutes Robertson wiped out a Chelsea player in the first 3 or 4 minutes with an ill timed challenge that appeared to be premeditated. However, the referee seemed to give him leeway as it was so early in the game. Fast forward a few hours and Palace defender Guehi committed a similar tackle albeit not as nasty and was given a yellow card after 3 minutes.
The inconsistency of how different teams are referred stinks.

That Robertson one was rough, he just booted the Chelsea player. No reason why he didn't get a card and would have made him wind it in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.