Ref Watch

Gallagher on sky sports just makes it up.

He thinks Grealish was a penalty but because Coote didn't give it VAR didn't overturn it as it didn't reach the clear and obvious threshold.

What the fuck is the clear and obvious threshold?

The whole notion of clear and obvious almost completely negates the point of VAR. it should give an alternative view of any incident that the referee may not be able to see. They can always ask the referee to review based on a different angle. Instead the premier league and PGMOL leave VAR to the VAR deciding, subjectively, whether there is a clear and obvious error. Which is of course ridiculous, open to interpretation and deeply inconsistent.

I just get more confused, when Phil got cleaned out against Chelsea just as he was about to pull the trigger, no red card. The argument was that if you get a penalty then you have not been denied a goal scoring opportunity, then I watch Sunderland Vs Boro and it is a pen and a red card?

I just get more confused, when Phil got cleaned out against Chelsea just as he was about to pull the trigger, no red card. The argument was that if you get a penalty then you have not been denied a goal scoring opportunity, then I watch Sunderland Vs Boro and it is a pen and a red card?
if you make a genuine effort to play the ball it's a yellow not a red unless it's violent conduct. If, as in the case of Boro, it's a shirt pull then it's a red

I have been looking for the definitive VAR photo which shows Mahrez was offside for his goal.Can anyone oblige? I was in the ground but didn't see it on the screen.
Just watched the full match replay and he was just a smidgen offside. I was puzzled though when the keeper saved a shot from Alvarez who was offside and City were awarded a corner because the linesman didn't flag.
I would have thought the majority of clubs would have had enough of the ruling bodies and their lunatic rule changes every five minutes when var once again shows it is not fit for purpose. Clubs are suffering from incompetent decisions by incompetent officials that could cost them millions in lost titles or relegation.

Just watched the full match replay and he was just a smidgen offside. I was puzzled though when the keeper saved a shot from Alvarez who was offside and City were awarded a corner because the linesman didn't flag.
I would have thought the majority of clubs would have had enough of the ruling bodies and their lunatic rule changes every five minutes when var once again shows it is not fit for purpose. Clubs are suffering from incompetent decisions by incompetent officials that could cost them millions in lost titles or relegation.
winning a corner from off side move happens alot

Assistant refs are a lot better than you or I when it comes to spotting offsides, but ultimately it's impossible to get right all the time. There's no way they can truly focus on everything at once, or be in the perfect position.

Mahrez they got right, Alvarez they got wrong. Alvarez was further offside, but it was a trickier situation than the Mahrez one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.