Ref Watch

Yep, if that wasn’t a dangerous challenge which was meant to inflict serious harm on an opponent I really don’t know what is
As far as I understand it, that challenge can't be retrospectively looked at because the ref gave a yellow.

Basically the PiGMOL declaring open season on City players if they aren't going to effectively punish challenges like that.

What I noticed on the grealish pen incident is that the ref didn't actually make a decision. He didn't wave his arms to say no penalty I don't think he even pointed for a goal kick
It seems he was using var to ref the incident which its not there to be used like that
Which begs the question….if the ref doesn’t make a decision either way how can VAR decide not to intervene? They can’t hide behind there was insufficient evidence to overturn the referee’s decision because he didn’t make one. I was quite far away from that decision & the confusion around me meant nobody questioned it, basically it looked that much of a penalty we all thought he must of dived when it wasn’t given

for the best league in the world the standard of refereeing is fuckin abysmal, and that includes the twats on var duty who have multiple camera angles and still manage to fuck it up, the commentators agreed that was a penalty on glealish today, it's time the fuckers were made to explain themselves

As far as I understand it, that challenge can't be retrospectively looked at because the ref gave a yellow.

Basically the PiGMOL declaring open season on City players if they aren't going to effectively punish challenges like that.
I don’t mean why it wasn’t looked at, I meant why didn’t David Coonte give a red in the first place

Worst decision of the weekend was at Klanfield. Within the first 3 or 4 minutes Robertson wiped out a Chelsea player with an ill timed challenge that appeared to be premeditated. However, the referee seemed to give him leeway as it was so early in the game. Fast forward a few hours and Palace defender Guehi committed a similar tackle albeit not as nasty and was given a yellow card after 3 minutes.
The inconsistency of how different teams are referred stinks.

Last edited:
for the best league in the world the standard of refereeing is fuckin abysmal, and that includes the twats on var duty who have multiple camera angles and still manage to fuck it up, the commentators agreed that was a penalty on glealish today, it's time the fuckers were made to explain themselves
I’ve always thought that the Prem league should have refs and VAR officials from Europe and ours should go over there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.