Ref Watch

Not when it has been designed by a Human with biases
Huh?

Anyhow, check back in 4 years time. AI is going to make offside calls instant and spot on, out-of-bounds calls 100% accurate and in the longer term, even make subjective calls (hand ball and the like) instant and uniformly applied.

I'll give you this - VAR for our matches have been shit awful two games running... what do I blame for this?

Conspiracy? Criminal intent? - not at all.

I blame incompetence and an evolving but still fucked up (but improving) application of VAR (I'm a huge fan of VAR).
Creatures crawling out of the primeval sludge evolved faster than var and its certainly not improving.

An infantile dig - and way off mark. AI is clearly going to help our sport.

Not an infantile dig at all .

Where is the evidence that I should be able to view to confirm that you are talking sense. And what is this wonderful all seeing system that will make everything perfect ?

There is always " it will be better " claims with VAR since it's introduction , and guess what, it has become a tool for disallowing goals for a players foot being centimetres " off side ".

How the hell is that sensible or realistic ?

Where is the evidence that I should be able to view to confirm that you are talikg sense.

There is always " it will be better " claims with VAR since it's introduction , and guess what, it has become a tool for disallowing goals for players foot being centimetres " off side ".

but thats factual so not subjective ;)

Where is the evidence that I should be able to view to confirm that you are talikg sense.

There is always " it will be better " with VAR since it's introduction , and guess what, it has become a tool for disallowing goals for players foot being centimetres " off side ".

Check back in 4 years. Either you are right or I am.

I base my predictions as a software engineering professional with a keen interest in AI and by following AI developments. I might well be wrong in projecting a 4-year timeframe for the improvements I state - but I think I'm in the ball park. Within an order of magnitude (meaning maybe 10 years instead of 4).

Eventually what I've predicted will come to pass - it's inevitable - the question is when? - how soon? And not at all if.

Huh?

Anyhow, check back in 4 years time. AI is going to make offside calls instant and spot on, out-of-bounds calls 100% accurate and in the longer term, even make subjective calls (hand ball and the like) instant and uniformly applied.
We are not talking about Golf here are we?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.