Ref Watch

Today’s clown was merely bad rather than fucking awful like we seem to have had for the last few home games.

He failed to give several blatant yellows for Villa the worst of which was when Gundog was bear wrestled to the ground and like everyone else in the entire stadium Dias was flabbergasted that this didn’t bring an instant yellow for their player and probably expressed that a little forcibly. The speed with which he was booked suggests it was premeditated from the ref to distract attention from an appalling original decision.

The Dias yellow was very like the Wolves one yesterday.

The following occur to me:
- is this a new plan?
- is it going to be applied consistently? tbc, obviously
- was it applied in every match this weekend?
- is Webb going to explain it publically?

I don't mind the idea in general, because there has been a lot of hounding of refs this season, however both occasions this weekend seemed to completely bemuse the player.

I wouldn't say pen, and I wouldn't say foul on the keeper. The ref just took the easy way out when the goalie stayed down. It was a collision between two players who were both going for the ball. Neither fouled the other, but the ref gives a defensive free kick - it's political reffing of the worse kind!

And just how long did VAR check for the pen? It couldn't have been ten seconds. The CHECKING FOR PEN sign had only just gone up and we get the NO PEN decision. How many angles did the VAR wallah roll? Mmmm!

It definitely wasn't a penalty.

I think the keeper got the decision because he played the ball ahead of Haaland (even if he may have fumbled it before contact). If the ref thought he was holding the ball, it's an obvious decision to give the foul.

The Dias yellow was very like the Wolves one yesterday.

The following occur to me:
- is this a new plan?
- is it going to be applied consistently? tbc, obviously
- was it applied in every match this weekend?
- is Webb going to explain it publically?

I don't mind the idea in general, because there has been a lot of hounding of refs this season, however both occasions this weekend seemed to completely bemuse the player.
How many times did Rat Face get away with gobbing off at the ref today?

Been advocating this for awhile it would instantly stop it but I’d make it 5
I’m not as OCD about time wasting when we’re winning so I wasn’t timing the stoppages today but they only added 3 mins in the first half. The incidents where their keeper feigned injury and their striker got clattered by Dias must’ve been longer than 3 mins combined and then you’ve got 3 restarts after the goals plus all the other faffing about to add on. 3 mins was criminal, it should’ve been at least 6

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.