Ref Watch

No apology for us but they did clarify that should the same scenario happen again it would be deemed as ‘Offside’. So we lose a derby to a wrong decision that will never be repeated as they checked the rule book. Errrrrr replay the game or give us a point. Or maybe we should file over 100 charges against the officials for gross incompetence/cheating.
They didn’t ‘check the rule book‘ to be fair. They said that ‘football’ had made it clear that that should be offside so any similar incident, in the PL, in the future will be deemed offside.

They didn’t ‘check the rule book‘ to be fair. They said that ‘football’ had made it clear that that should be offside so any similar incident, in the PL, in the future will be deemed offside.

I think that's entirely the point.

The laws speak of impacting player's ability to play the ball. The ref took that to mean physically impacting*, and not the impact on thought processes. No Rashford near the ball, and Ederson clears it easily.

*yes, it can be argued on behalf of Akanji, but I think is less clear than Ederson.

At the match it looked like a penalty and I thought the same when I saw it on TV. Free kick awarded to Villa.
I was asking because I was there and wasn't sure, now having seen it on tv it was simply a collision. There was no foul so we had a good goal chalked off. The ref bottled it when we scored, frightened he might be criticised because the keeper was on the floor so he gave a foul.

I've now see the Haaland/keeper collision on motd.
How's that a foul by Alfies lad? The truth is we had a very good goal chalked off because the ref didn't want any criticism.
Dermot said Erling took him out so the ref had to stop the match and award the free kick.

Total horseshite.

Dermot said Erling took him out so the ref had to stop the match and award the free kick.

Total horseshite.
Except Dermot he didn’t blow straight away. He waited for the ball to hit the back of the net. Almost as if he had no idea so thought let’s see what happens and if City score VAR will help me out as it checks all goals. Also interesting to note to Martinez waits to see where the ball goes then falls down holding his head faking a head injury

Except Dermot he didn’t blow straight away. He waited for the ball to hit the back of the net. Almost as if he had no idea so thought let’s see what happens and if City score VAR will help me out as it checks all goals. Also interesting to note to Martinez waits to see where the ball goes then falls down holding his head faking a head injury
Martinez has perfected shithousing. He'd be perfect for the scum.

Did you see the full back when Haaland crossed it for Gundy to score ? He suddenly collapsed in absolute (fake) agony. It is obvious that players now fake injuries after a goal in the hope Var rule it out and give a foul.
I know I am biased but there was no foul on the keeper but as a protected species.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.