Ref Watch

See Arsenal & Brighton have received apologies for the decisions given at the weekend? Don't recall us getting an apology for Uniteds equaliser last month. Did I miss it or was their not one?
No apology for us but they did clarify that should the same scenario happen again it would be deemed as ‘Offside’. So we lose a derby to a wrong decision that will never be repeated as they checked the rule book. Errrrrr replay the game or give us a point. Or maybe we should file over 100 charges against the officials for gross incompetence/cheating.

It’s not only about apology but stake in hand against your rival in derby . Also the table position was crucial for that decision. At the end of the season that decision will determine the outcome and hopefully we don’t have to revisit that corrupt derby match.

I've now see the Haaland/keeper collision on motd.
How's that a foul by Alfies lad? The truth is we had a very good goal chalked off because the ref didn't want any criticism.
The keeper actually fumbled the ball before Haaland collided with him

It’s not only about apology but stake in hand against your rival in derby . Also the table position was crucial for that decision. At the end of the season that decision will determine the outcome and hopefully we don’t have to revisit that corrupt derby match.
One thing is for sure , if the rags win it by a point this abomination of a Ref decision will never get a mention. The other way round and they would asterisk our title.

The keeper actually fumbled the ball before Haaland collided with him

This is a point I haven’t seen anybody mention but I noticed it too.

I think the ref can be forgiven for wanting an easy life in this instance. Goalkeepers being a protected species and given he gets to the ball first in a 50:50. It’s going to be called as a foul 99 times out of 100.

The best counter argument to that I have is that he does appear to fumble the ball while jumping into Haaland. He didn’t actually have control of it when contact is made. It also looks to me like Haaland stands his ground rather than moving towards him and the contact is initiated by the goalkeeper. For me that puts it in a contentious area but fortunately it ultimately didn’t matter.

The important thing is that this is the kind of refereeing dilemma I can sympathise with. It is hard to call that in real time.

I cannot sympathise with Rashford being offside or the Brentford goal and any other number of blatant errors I’ve seen. Those are pure dereliction of duty that any referee worth his salt would be deeply ashamed of and should lead to discussions about that referee’s future participation at the highest level.

We’re not here to fuck spiders, if they can’t do the job, get rid of them.

The ref we had today - Robert Jones - is becoming one of the best refs already.

Didn’t agree with everything he did, but he was taking no shit from anyone all game.

Good to see him telling Luis to shut up a few times and booking Dias for running thirty yards to get their player booked. I know that was against our man and some people might be confused by that, but I don’t want our players doing that shit and hope that’s now part of the game.

More refs like him and the league would be better for it.
So long as he does it to the buck-toothed Rag twat when he officiates their next match. I won't hold my breath.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.