Ref Watch

No one can tell me that's a pen after Martinez on haaland at the weekend. As for the yellow cards we literally have to blow on someone to get booked but it feels like the opposition has to commit assault to get booked. The refs are cheating cunts

I expect there to be a difference in how refs view a keeper playing the ball and then colliding with a player (Martinez) and a keeper not playing the ball (Ederson).

There's plenty of examples of keepers not being penalised, but I don't think Martinez is a good one.

I expect there to be a difference in how refs view a keeper playing the ball and then colliding with a player (Martinez) and a keeper not playing the ball (Ederson).

There's plenty of examples of keepers not being penalised, but I don't think Martinez is a good one.
But Haaland did not foul him did he?

But Haaland did not foul him did he?

Martinez played the ball first, yes he fumbled it but Haaland blocked him from getting to the ball afterwards, which memory says with his shoulder hitting Martinez in the chest.
If the ref believed Haaland's forward momentum was responsible for the collision and that Martinez was prevented moving towards the ball, then he's going to give a foul.

If Haaland had got the ball first, I think it would have been a different outcome.

Martinez played the ball first, yes he fumbled it but Haaland blocked him from getting to the ball afterwards, which memory says with his shoulder hitting Martinez in the chest.
If the ref believed Haaland's forward momentum was responsible for the collision and that Martinez was prevented moving towards the ball, then he's going to give a foul.

If Haaland had got the ball first, I think it would have been a different outcome.
Utter bollocks Martinez had no intention whatsoever of going for the ball afterwards. He came charging out of his goal to punch it clear then collided with Haaland, no way was it a foul by our player just a normal coming together, so when Gundogan put the loose ball in the net the goal should have stood, unless as I have previously stated Haaland was deemed to be offside in the build up.

I never wanted a penalty for the incident just a reason from the official in charge as to why he gave Villa a free kick.

Utter bollocks Martinez had no intention whatsoever of going for the ball afterwards. He came charging out of his goal to punch it clear then collided with Haaland, no way was it a foul by our player just a normal coming together, so when Gundogan put the loose ball in the net the goal should have stood, unless as I have previously stated Haaland was deemed to be offside in the build up.

I never wanted a penalty for the incident just a reason from the official in charge as to why he gave Villa a free kick.

I'm not sure why we're comparing this to the penalty last night. They are totally different scenarios. One should/could have been a play on situation after a 50/50 challenge, the other is a shot on goal by a player who is then taken out by the keeper like you see in most games. The latter situation has never been a penalty until yesterday.

The Walker yellow was absolutely right. He's not allowed back on until the ref says so, and that will be when he won't influence play immediately.
Walker was justifiably furious with Dias for passing the ball to him, but he should just have stepped away from it.
True but there was time enough for the cheating slaphead to wave Walker back on, particularly as the ball was in the City half and that he is a defender. Dias wouldn’t have known he hadn’t have been waved back on. Baldy should have been waving him back on as he blew for the free kick to be taken - as he will do nine the next instance when he refs a rags or dippers game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.