Ref Watch

You have quoted 2 separate things to what I was on about to prove its not bent.
Please tell me the last time any player was booked in the first half for time-wasting.
How many times has Taylor warned the keeper in the first half but not booked him until the 85th minute ?
Don't even start me on their penalty because that same situation has happened all season and no penalty has been given.
Please tell me the last time any player was booked in the first half for time-wasting. Rarely if ever.
How many times has Taylor warned the keeper in the first half but not booked him until the 85th minute ? Often.
Don't even start me on their penalty because that same situation has happened all season and no penalty has been given. True, but that made it 1-1 we then went onto a 2 goal lead, why did the ref allow that to happen?

So that's it case proven, it's bent against us?
If that's the case answer these questions:-
An element of all clubs fans believe it's corrupt against them, you can't all be right. How are you so sure it's us it's bent against?
Why would a referee that has climbed to the top of his profession give bad calls against City because he is told to?
Who tells these referees that they have to be bent against us and when?
Who is making the order that it is bent towards us?
Why has no referee ever refused and then gone public with the story or spilled the beans after they have retired?

Probably mentioned already but fuck me, that's about 3 yellows for Ederson for wasting time probably more than all the fuckers that come to our place who do it all game....absolute fucking farce....must be games Alty has reffed at ours when this has gone on and if so he needs to explain why
There is an element of Ederson being useless at it in this too. His booking one was very blatant last night

Please tell me the last time any player was booked in the first half for time-wasting. Rarely if ever.
How many times has Taylor warned the keeper in the first half but not booked him until the 85th minute ? Often.
Don't even start me on their penalty because that same situation has happened all season and no penalty has been given. True, but that made it 1-1 we then went onto a 2 goal lead, why did the ref allow that to happen?

So that's it case proven, it's bent against us?
If that's the case answer these questions:-
An element of all clubs fans believe it's corrupt against them, you can't all be right. How are you so sure it's us it's bent against?
Why would a referee that has climbed to the top of his profession give bad calls against City because he is told to?
Who tells these referees that they have to be bent against us and when?
Who is making the order that it is bent towards us?
Why has no referee ever refused and then gone public with the story or spilled the beans after they have retired?
Again you have mentioned other things but not the 2 I mentioned.

Again you have mentioned other things but not the 2 I mentioned.
I answered the 2 things you mentioned and agreed with you? If there is anything else I have missed answering, ask again and I will gladly answer? You have failed to answer a single thing I have asked though?

To be fair, when an attacker looks at where the keeper is, then jumps in the general direction of the ball and collides with the keeper, it will be a foul on the keeper 100 times out of 100. Unless it is Ederson of course, but that is a different issue.

But yes, Martinez is a twat, I think we all know that. He was being a twat here without it making any difference though, imo.

Think the ref and VAR got everything right on this one, tbf.
It will, because that is specifically outlawed by the LOTG.

81c4bf0afb03e06bcb7090787f041f7d.jpg

There is an element of Ederson being useless at it in this too. His booking one was very blatant last night
Absolutely right. He was about as subtle as a brick last night. When opposition keepers waste time at City, they do it by taking 30 seconds to take every goal kick. What they don’t do, once they’ve been warned, is go through the same kind of torturous routine, only to then gild the lilly at the 11th hour by walking away from the ball and inviting the centre half to take the goal kick for them. Ederson was begging to get booked, and that’s precisely what happened.

On the subject of Taylor, he actually got nearly all of the key decisions right. He correctly awarded two penalties, correctly booked Grealish for idiotic dissent (because the definitely ball came off him last before going out of play), correctly ignored Trossard’s late dive, and generously didn’t give Bernie two yellows. The only contentious one was the Walker booking, cos he should have waved him straight back on

Predictably scandalous from that rag ****, never a pen

The incident where Ake hits the bar, their lad has hold of his shirt for 3 seconds. Not even looked at or mentioned.
I'm no fan of Taylor, and I'm not looking to defend him, but referees do have a difficult job to perform.

Look at the Haaland penalty award. Both players had their arms all over each other. How can the referee penalise one? Which one does he choose? He penalised the Arsenal player, so it's difficult to say he is biased against City. He could have gone against Haaland easily.

For their penalty, my view is that two players collided. It was nobody's fault and it wasn't a foul by either. But if you are going to give a foul, it is pretty hard to argue that the player that reached the ball first had the right to occupy the space, and therefore was impeded. What I would look for here would be consistency in Taylor's decisions in similar situations, and I'm not in a position to analyse that.

Shirt pulling goes on by lots of players in lots of situations. There was a clampdown a few years ago, but it was a fad, and was soon phased out. For shirt pulling to be penalised, it would have to be strong enough to slow down a player's movement, or change his course.

Overall, I think Taylor was good last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.