Ref Watch

If Mason had made a mistake on one of our games I doubt it would receive so much criticisms. The fact its ruined Arsenals lead at the top is why its causing such fury.
Devil's Advocate here, I think it is certainly because it directly impacted a title race. And that race is between two teams. And one of them is us.

Devil's Advocate here, I think it is certainly because it directly impacted a title race. And that race is between two teams. And one of them is us.

I think you’ve missed the real issue.

Decisions are going to favour one particulars team ‘s attempt for a title and it ain’t us or arsenal.

Refs are bending over backwards for united like I’ve never seen. Against Leeds Maguire put two hands on the ball, var check couldn’t have been 5 seconds. Minutes later two blatantly offside united calls were scrutinized beyond belief in an attempt to see if they could grant them.

Amazing isnt it, Mason on Var in the 1-1 v Everton and completely missed the penalty on Mahrez but no outrage after or him being dropped, then we had Dipper England on Var 2 games running and he missed an obvious penalty for hand ball v Spurs then one of the most blatant penalty v Wolves when Jack was booted on the back of his leg, no demotion, no media call outs, nothing.
But poor Arsenal, 1 wrong call against them and now he quits and soon forgotten that Brentford has a goal very harshly ruled out in the same game

They were quite some way from the ball when Haaland was fouled. Certainly not close enough to touch it. According to the Rashford incident he cant possibly be called offside/challenging for the ball. It was an off the ball incident. As the foul came first (according to the current law). A player stood in an offside position isnt an offence in itself.

Here’s the IFAB Official line on it. Clear Pen…. Plus a pic of them clearly not close enough to be considered as playing the ball
Unfortunately VAR has, for all intents and purposes, re-written this rule.

Was it Mason who fucked up in the Palace v Brighton match? If it wasn’t then somebody else should get their marching orders.

Edit: John Brooks was on VAR drew the line in the wrong place so Brighton goal wrongly ruled offside. Surely he has to go as well?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.