Ref Watch

What? Are you seriously saying Haaland didn't challenge for the ball when he was fouled for the penalty award? Haaland and Gabriel were both running towards the ball, trying to take possession of it. What is your understanding of the word challenge, if this incident isn't covered by it?
The ball was nowhere near either of them. Gabriel clearly fouled Haaland before he’d had chance to play the ball.
Do I think it should be a penalty? No
Should it be a penalty, as the law currently stands? Yes

I’m i missing something he made a wrong call on Brentford’s equaliser against arsenal costing arsenal a potential 3 points but not 100% guaranteed,how many mistakes have been made since the introduction of VAR and yet Mason is the first to be relieved of his job over a human error,stinks to fuck if you ask me ..

I’m i missing something he made a wrong call on Brentford’s equaliser against arsenal costing arsenal a potential 3 points but not 100% guaranteed,how many mistakes have been made since the introduction of VAR and yet Mason is the first to be relieved of his job over a human error,stinks to fuck if you ask me ..
Scapegoat or pleased to help PGMOL for due consideration?

The ball was nowhere near either of them. Gabriel clearly fouled Haaland before he’d had chance to play the ball.
Ok, thanks for your explanation. We'll have to agree to differ. The law doesn't say anything about distance from the ball when challenging for it, but I accept it has to be a factor. The through ball ran very close to both players, then they both turned to chase it down. To me, they were challenging for the ball, and this would invalidate the clause that was cited earlier.

Even if they weren't challenging for the ball, you couldn't really lay criticism on Taylor for awarding the offside. It's not one of the worst decisions we've had against us this season.

To the rules that is still offside, your basing it on the Rashford decision that was wrong.

How is Haaland not interfering with play

Mason isn’t out because of one error. He has officially made six incorrect VAR decisions this season.

I don’t know what the current running total is but to put it in context the total number of official incorrect VAR decisions before the World Cup break was also six, across the whole league.

Amazing isnt it, Mason on Var in the 1-1 v Everton and completely missed the penalty on Mahrez but no outrage after or him being dropped, then we had Dipper England on Var 2 games running and he missed an obvious penalty for hand ball v Spurs then one of the most blatant penalty v Wolves when Jack was booted on the back of his leg, no demotion, no media call outs, nothing.
But poor Arsenal, 1 wrong call against them and now he quits and soon forgotten that Brentford has a goal very harshly ruled out in the same game

I think it’s more to do with the fact that he’s VAR and he “forgot” to draw a line which is pretty much what he is there do to. You don’t “forget” to draw a line.

All the other instances you mentioned are still just opinions at the end of the day no matter how bad they were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.