Ref Watch

Magliar clipped the Leeds player Tyler Roberts in the penalty box, and he went tumbling down.

No penalty awarded as the touch was deemed slight and accidental, and the BT pundits were positively applauding the new directive.

Fast forward one gameweek later and the ref is viewing selective footage from an angle that didn't show anything conclusive, and the Torres goal is chalked off.
I thought that both Torres and Slabhead clipped their opponents accidentally, but committed a foul.

I’ve no defence of Leeds not getting a penalty as it was stonewall. Being 5-1 down at the time lessens the blow as it was the perfect time for VAR to show “balance” and give the penalty.

Bernardo inadvertently ankle taps the Norwich lad. Has to be a foul.

Two games in and you can already see we are reffed differently. We slightly touch their player and it's an instant free kick. Our player gets taken out and it's play on. Gundy got booked for a slightly late challenge but their player took out Bernardo when we were on the break from their corner and no card is given.

You could see the frustration in our players every time we didn't get awarded the foul.
For once I find myself agreeing with Klopp about this "light touch" refereeing, it seems to come down to allowing cloggers to take players out without fear of a yellow card. It was quite ridiculous that the only card for Norwich was for some backchat to the 4th official from their manager.

Klopp does it correctly. Already called out refs over challenges in the media from their game v Burnley so now in the officials minds yet we bend over and accept such biased officiating, saying zero, and making it simple for officials to give decisions against us Which is why it happens so often.

End of last season, game v Brighton, the coub should have slaughtered the total officiating team, yesterday the same, Spurs the same over no bookings.

City v Opposition. Ref has decision to make, do i give it for City and risk the crowd/manager and players on my back and potentially called out in the media by the manager or should i take the easy option and give it against City to make my life easier as there will be no moaning.

Pep should have at least brought our bookings this season up compared to whats been let go against us in the 1st 2 games

For once I find myself agreeing with Klopp about this "light touch" refereeing, it seems to come down to allowing cloggers to take players out without fear of a yellow card. It was quite ridiculous that the only card for Norwich was for some backchat to the 4th official from their manager.
Yeah, that non-existent 'light touch' refereeing in the build up to the Torres non-goal...

Light touch from the on field ref; overruled by VAR.

We all know why.

Woww that ref was poor today
He's always poor! They're all always poor. Contact always seems to merit a free kick for the opposition, oppo fouls go unpunished and blatant fouls are only sanctioned with a City free kick. There were two incidents yesterday where, on the basis of Gundog's yellow, two Norwich players deserved the same. it doesn't matter in a game where there isn't a second, but when it continues we end up with an accumulation that leads to a ban and other teams have a full squad to pick from.

Personally I think it is a foul for the Torres goal. But it is clearly minimal contact which Maguire did the same vs leeds and bt were very quick to defend the ref for not sending Maguire off and giving the pen. I can't see how ones a foul and one isn't.

Its the same with Fernandes offside how is his any different to Salah and Wilson. Atleast this one is being highlighted as it went against Liverpool, if it was any other side they would of just ignored it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.