Ref Watch

Letter of the law - Fake Ron should have seen Red also, but miraculously only got a yellow. If that had been any one of our forwards Sky would have played it on a loop and begged VAR to take action.
Once he kicked the ball and the whistle hasn't gone yet then don't even think its even a foul.

I'd have just had a word with him if twas me.

Not once has that law ever been applied in the PL.

Laws of the game also state players should be sent off for giving the ref abuse, see that happen most weekends do you?

There are lots of laws that are written down and then ignored.
Agree with you 100% but it was some muppet's explanation that I was talking about. Funny though how some laws that don't even exist only apply to us

I remember Bert Trautmann being sent off for kicking the ball at the ref. Against West Ham, I think, and we were about 5-1 down at the time. The ref was asked afterwards how he knew it wasn't an accident and he said he knew that when Bert kicked the ball it always went where he intended.
I was at that game. It was 5-1 and from the mists of time I think Bert thought the fifth goal was offside and the ref wouldn't listen. I can still see the ref rubbing his arse. Gave him full barrel from about two yards.

I have read some utter shite in my time but this just might take the award. From the laws of the game just point me to where it can be interpreted as you suggest:

An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:

• controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it
A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:
  • the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
  • holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
  • bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

FIFA direction on interpretation is pretty common on how the laws are applied, just like the repeated directive changes on keeper positioning at penalty shootouts a few years ago.

I'm amused that you are arguing with a referee about this.

FIFA direction on interpretation is pretty common on how the laws are applied, just like the repeated directive changes on keeper positioning at penalty shootouts a few years ago.

I'm amused that you are arguing with a referee about this.
I don't care whether or not he is a ref, he was talking shit. Bear in mind that the likes of Tierney, Taylor and Marriner call themselves refs

Not once has that law ever been applied in the PL.

Laws of the game also state players should be sent off for giving the ref abuse, see that happen most weekends do you?

There are lots of laws that are written down and then ignored.
No better example of cheating by refs than this. Any ref who doesn't apply the LotG as they are intended to be applied is guilty of cheating. And calling the ref a cheat is the only example, I think, of abuse turning into a red card. Too many decisions by refs, in crucial games and on certain grounds, are made from a political point of view and not from a clear application of the Laws as written.

I've done stats covering the seasons from 2009/10 to 2017/18 (which I must update) detailing each of the 'big 6' points per game by ref.

Over that period we averaged 2.09 points per game so you'd expect, all things being equal, to see the PPG for each ref to be around that figure over the long term, given they've officiated at a significant number of games.

Under Friend, we've earned 1.62 PPG, which is the worst of all the main refs. Atkinson is slightly better with 1.7 but all the others are over 2 points per game, so pretty well in line. So under Friend we're nearly 25% worse off than the average. That's not coincidence. Friend is the new Peter Walton.

it would be interesting to see the data behind this to see what's really going on. which games were they and were there any bad / contentious decisons? if we just lost / drew because we were poor or because we were beaten by the better team then then ref ppg doesnt add value

it would be interesting to see the data behind this to see what's really going on. which games were they and were there any bad / contentious decisons? if we just lost / drew because we were poor or because we were beaten by the better team then then ref ppg doesnt add value

A few years ago I'd been compiling a more detailed data set and come up with some anomalies, Taylor in that infamous Chelsea game being one. I'll need to see if I can compile it again as the last version "disappeared".

Did Alty swap shirts with Ron?
Red card all day long, unsporting, aggressive and dangerous.
Joke referee and imo, institutionalised bias; even that couldn't help that shambles team yesterday.
He only sent Carlton off because he was told to.

PR37,Fred,Slabhead should have walked too.

That would have lead to abandonment and a points deduction but "Alty" couldn't do that to his beloved raggies.

What gets me is all the keepers who come to City and waste time from the start and get away with it yet I think Eddie has been booked at least twice the first time he's done it.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.