Ref Watch

The 6 second rule used to apply once the goalkeeper was deemed in control of the ball. This would include once he had the ball in his hands to take a goal kick. Now it officially only applies during open play and he has full control of the ball. However, under FIFA interpretations, the ref has been advised that the 6 second rule should only apply once the box is cleared of all outfield players. Also if he is on the ground this does not count until standing and all outfield players have left the box. Furthermore, if an attacking player is within 10 yards it is deemed he is stopping the keeper releasing the ball.
I think you're making most of that up.

It never included taking a goal kick. And if all outfield players have to be out of the penalty area before 6 seconds start, why would defenders wanting to waste time ever leave the penalty area? If it only applies once the keeper is standing, why would he ever need to get up? The 10 yard bit for attackers is nonsense.

He only sent Carlton off because he was told to.

PR37,Fred,Slabhead should have walked too.

That would have lead to abandonment and a points deduction but "Alty" couldn't do that to his beloved raggies.

7 players is 'play on', I think, but I'm sure there would have been a convenient injury!

I dread to think what would have happened if they'd had anyone else sent off. Sky would have had a sudden broadcast failure.

7 players is 'play on', I think, but I'm sure there would have been a convenient injury!

I dread to think what would have happened if they'd had anyone else sent off. Sky would have had a sudden broadcast failure.
SSN would be calling it a national disaster and would use black in their background coverage all day.

There is not one ounce of integrity left in those in charge of running high level football IMO. The Premier League, UEFA, FIFA, PGMOL etc are all absolutely riddled with corruption, bias, vested interests, and a clear and obvious goal to return things to how they were 15-20 years ago. Like it or not the 'performance' of a referee plays a rather large part in all of this.

If you contrast the actions of the Alty fan yesterday and the actions of the hairy armed mardarse at Anfield the other week you just know we would have got 3 reds in the blink of a eye. Instead, we had Tierney laughing nervously in Foden's face as he knew what he should've done but just couldn't, and the Alty fan meekly showing Ronaldo a yellow when he knew that was violent conduct with a straight red and also having to be told to send off the show pony even though he saw the assault real close up.

It's a total farce and any penny I spend on following City is done with a sense of distaste nowadays as I know am contributing an absolute biased shitshow. Unfortunately for these wankers I support Man City who quite possibly have the best owners and manager in the world, and they have exposed these cretins to the point where what was once a gentle push for their favourite teams is now outright, plain as day cheating.

As Pep seems to suggest anything we win is in spite of these truths whereas, as always was, the 'Reds' seem to be above the law and quite clearly helped along towards success. Mostly in vain nowadays.

If there was any integrity left in football performances like Taylor's yesterday and Tierney's at anfield would involve some form of retraining or demotion when instead we should fully expect them to be picked for a lot of 'big' or 'deciding' games.

That fact tells you all you need to know.

I was at that game. It was 5-1 and from the mists of time I think Bert thought the fifth goal was offside and the ref wouldn't listen. I can still see the ref rubbing his arse. Gave him full barrel from about two yards.
Hmm - I remember the ref was outside the area so maybe 15 yards away, with his back to Bert, and got the ball in the back.

Mark Halsey on Hawksbe and Jacobs saying that he was surprised Alty Taylor didn't give Pogba a red straight away and also didn't give Ronaldo a red. I think its fair to say he did his best to for utd even given the very difficult circumstances they put in in.

Hmm - I remember the ref was outside the area so maybe 15 yards away, with his back to Bert, and got the ball in the back.
I remember Bert running up behind him and deliberately kicking the ball from hand. The ref definitely rubbed his arse with both hands as he walked back to the halfway line. Anyone got a definitive version of this episode?

What gets me is all the keepers who come to City and waste time from the start and get away with it yet I think Eddie has been booked at least twice the first time he's done it.....
It's these 'inconsistencies' that are used to manipulate the game. Similar to the way some referee's will wave play on when we have zero advantage, or halt the game for a nothing-foul when we have a chance of a breakaway. Then there are the times the referee will allow the game to 'flow' when the opposition go in hard for a 50-50 challenge, but blow up and dish out a yellow the first time one of ours makes exactly the same kind of challenge.

Any ref would of bottled it yesterday because of Sly sports.
They built it as the biggest game in this world and beyond.
The most viewed game ever blah blah.
Even with the Dippers doing a job on the scum, the ref was still shit scared to apply the correct decisions because of Sly and their total yank approach to an English Premier League football match, over the top razzmatazz etc.

I love us doing our job of being a total football team and staying as far away from their circus as possible

I have read some utter shite in my time but this just might take the award. From the laws of the game just point me to where it can be interpreted as you suggest:

An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:

• controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it
A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:
  • the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
  • holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
  • bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air
Eds, I haven't reffed for 5 years so haven't had new interpretations etc but I can assure you every year when they make amendments to the laws of the game you also get sent an attachment with interpretations. This is usually about 90 pages. You need to read these alongside the laws. I suggest you take the course and you might know this. However, I suspect you are quite happy to go along with whatever interpretation fits your narrative, a bit like TV pundits

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.