Ref Watch

Maybe I’ve got selective memory but the only other time I can remember any player from any team being booked for taking a quick free kick other than tonight was that weird little **** Tierney booking Kev at Newcastle that time.
That angered us so much, we then went on a 14 match winning run to grab the title. Maybe history will repeat itself?

I’m someone who thinks the officials get too much stick and we analyse and get the magnifying glass out far too much on their decisions (this is fans of all clubs, not just us) and expect them to get everything correct to levels of delusion from supporters.

I also think, on the whole, Premier League referees aren’t that bad. They need to fucking sort out booking goalkeepers early doors for time wasting at goal kicks; but I much prefer the Prem refs to the CL refs.

We’ve had some astonishingly poor referees in the CL. Hoffenheim away, Shalke away, Liverpool away, Liverpool at home, and Brugge away and Leipzig away this season… referees seem to go out of their way to make atrocious decisions against us/for the other team. And even away from our games, when you watch the other games in the competition, the standard of refereeing is very poor. They fall for the worst dives, they bow to the players’ screaming with their arms in the air when one of their players is pretending to be injured and stop the game, games are far too stop-start-stop, they rarely play any stoppage time at the end of the first half and also don’t then add that on at the end of the second half - where they also play minimal stoppage time - so you lose about 5 minutes every game.

The only good thing about the CL is the multi-ball rule.

A few months ago I had a discussion with some on here saying the PL should use Euro refs as they were far better than our English ones. Well last night went to prove my point. This guy is highly rated by UEFA and he cannot see a penalty that Ray Charles would have. As for booking KDB I understand that it is normal for refs to tell the skippers in the pre match meeting that you can take quick free kicks as long as I dont ask you to wait. At no point could I see him indicate that he wanted KDB to wait.

The players knew EXACTLY what was going on last night and it culminated in Walker losing his head and getting himself a red card.
Agree , the frustration was building throughout the game with this idiotic referee strutting around the pitch trying to make the game all about him , good referees's go unnoticed , poor referee's do the opposite. Their appears to be a lot of prima donna refs employed by UEFA for their Champs league games who want fame and fortune , my only surprise is it took one of our players 80 minutes to react and the ref couldnt get his card out quick enough to make a few headlines. Just a shame Walker could now miss three games for violent conduct if that's the case he should have doen something a bit more worthwhile to the German wind up merchant, a Glasgow kiss would have only have been a three game ban. Makes you wonder if these Leipzig players had put in a shift for their previous manager he would still be in a job , Leipzig players should be ashamed of that performance not proud , mid table no marks in the Bundesliga who sold their manager down the river.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.