Refereeing decisions...

Lucky13 said:
inbetween said:
Lucky13 said:
Your right , nothing to do with our title winning team.

Like our rivals though, you need every bit of luck you can get. I would of taken a penalty whether it was a penalty or not (it was) and taken the last 5 minutes at 1-1 against a team with 9 men, i'm not sure about you? I think some would rather see this team crash and burn.

You make your own luck fella , how many shots on target did the dippers have second half?

Doesn't really matter though, we played QPR last year and had 20+ shots and only just won 3-2, they had 2 shots. Football doesn't work like that, if we had got the penalty and assuming we scored to make it 1-1, they would also have gone down to 9 men, don't think they would of scored a second.

inbetween said:
TFC said:
Is that the reason we are 12 points behind then? Thank fuck for that, there was me thinking we were just not good enough to keep up.

What's that got to do with the decision? It makes me laugh this forum sometimes because had this happened against United we'd be having a public enquiry but because it involves a chance to moan about the same things and a chance to slag off Mancini we are all for it.

I don't care how the team played, that is for another discussion, this thread is about the crazy decision to NOT give us a penalty while also potentially sending off a player on a yellow card but rather giving a free kick for a handball that never even happened. All of this at a time when were in the game and desperately needed a goal, what a joke.

If we were to talk about if decisions going the way they should, it would have been 3-1 instead of 2-0. What difference does it make? Ref and linos were shit, but just as shit for both teams. By that logic, we should have been out of it by the half.

inbetween said:
Lucky13 said:
inbetween said:
Like our rivals though, you need every bit of luck you can get. I would of taken a penalty whether it was a penalty or not (it was) and taken the last 5 minutes at 1-1 against a team with 9 men, i'm not sure about you? I think some would rather see this team crash and burn.

You make your own luck fella , how many shots on target did the dippers have second half?

Doesn't really matter though, we played QPR last year and had 20+ shots and only just won 3-2, they had 2 shots. Football doesn't work like that, if we had got the penalty and assuming we scored to make it 1-1, they would also have gone down to 9 men, don't think they would of scored a second.

Straws and clutching , feel free to re - arrange.

jimharri said:
inbetween said:
Robbed.
BFfEny4CUAIN52j.jpg
Any freeze frame of Everton's ''offside'' goal in the first half?
Exactly.

Pitiful attempt to blame someone else for why we didn't get anything from a game; the epitome of United fans' and Ferguson's main trait over the last twenty years. I hate these sort of traits in fans. Sad!

ayrshire_blue said:
Everton had a perfectly good goal chalked off and should also have had a penalty (all be it not as clear cut as our claim).

Obstruction is an indirect FK last time I checked

The linesman got the offside wrong - tho it was very close.

I thought Probert favoured Everton throughout, FKs, stopping play for anichebe but not Dzeko, booking us for fuck all, not booking their players, the penalty

The crowd got to him

He's not the reason why we lost tho, that's for certain

sick of hearing about the disallowed goal, watch the game via a link and he looked offside till sky slow mo replays that were magnified, to showed Kolarov boot played him on ! FFS a fucking boot, can't see why people keep saying clear cut .

kev20971 said:
sick of hearing about the disallowed goal, watch the game via a link and he looked offside till sky slow mo replays that were magnified, to showed Kolarov boot played him on ! FFS a fucking boot, can't see why people keep saying clear cut .
Doesn't matter how marginal a call it was. It was a wrong decision, end of. If we'd ''scored'' that at the other end and had it chalked off, this place would have gone into meltdown. It cancels out the penalty we should have had (and don't forget; even if we'd got the penalty, there is no guarantee we'd have scored it). Plus the penalty that, on another day, could have been awarded for Everton. So the final score might, on another day, have ended up 4-1.

jimharri said:
kev20971 said:
Doesn't matter how marginal a call it was. It was a wrong decision, end of. If we'd ''scored'' that at the other end and had it chalked off, this place would have gone into meltdown. It cancels out the penalty we should have had (and don't forget; even if we'd got the penalty, there is no guarantee we'd have scored it). Plus the penalty that, on another day, could have been awarded for Everton. So the final score might, on another day, have ended up 4-1.

Wasnt a penalty tho.....there was a (foul) tackle by Osman (i think) outside the box before the shot that Fellani hand balled. thats why Probert blew and why the free kick award was given and not the penalty...

jimharri said:
kev20971 said:
what penalty for Everton ? do you mean Fellaini running into Nastastic and falling over !

kev20971 said:
jimharri said:
kev20971 said:
what penalty for Everton ? do you mean Fellaini running into Nastastic and falling over !
On another day, that could easily have been given. Why did Nastasic stick his right arm out, if it wasn't to impede Fellaini? We've had penalties given for and against us for less.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.