Referees’ Performances 2018/19

Genetives, Hmmmm, wen I went to Wellacre Secondary Modern School in Flixton the Hinglish teacher just about learnt us speeling, I have nevoh heard of a genetives thing. Is that where if you bonk your sister the baby has funny eyes and looks like he is from Dukinfield ?

Just askin'
I went Wellacor to m8. Ow old our you?

I watched it as well, in fact I didn't really cheer the goal because Sergio was miles "offside", I hadn't noticed that Barkley headed it to him, so looked straight away at the lino, and noticed Dean was talking to the lino too, as you say almost pleading with him for a reason not to give it.

I said at the time he couldn't disallow it. The ball came in from one of ours, Sergio was onside, the ball was headed away by Sideshow Bob, Sergio stayed where he was in an offside position, but the ball from SB was played by a CFC player - can't be offside if the ball was last played by an opponent! Dean might well have been trying to persuade the lino that the sequence of events was different, or he was trying to rewrite the LotG mid-match! He was shafted!! Just as he's shafted us quite recently!

Maybe, like me, he just didn't realise that Barkley had headed it, and was asking the lino why he hadn't flagged.

Barkers must be 7ft 14ins tall. How Dean couldn't see must have been one of those occasions, occurring more frequently these days, where he refs with his eyes shut. Like a lot of them do, especially when Raheem goes tear-arsing into the oppo area and is clattered to the ground. He will have had his eyes open for Raheem being barged a over t in the second half!!

Exactly. Slagged off for reaching the correct decision.

Perhaps he is getting slagged off for the way he reached the decision. Watch the goal again and you will see him draw a line high in the air as though signalling offside. This is at the same time as the lino is running back to the centre line. Surely a competent ref takes note of the two guys paid to help him. The linesman knew exactly what had happened and bearing in mind they speak to each all the time Dean must have known instantly that is was a good goal. So why did he stand there for ages as though he desperately didn't want to give it ?
Further, every Chelsea player knew what had happened and not one of them protested to the ref or the linesman about an offside. Dean is getting slagged off because he was the only person on that pitch that did not want to recognise a legitimate goal but was forced to.

It's possible Dean was questioning whether Sergio was offside when Zinchenko lobbed the ball in and Luiz headed clear. It was close, but I don't think he was, nor did Sergio challenge for the ball. I'd have said when Barkley headed the ball back that was a different phase of play anyway, but Dean might have interpreted it differently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.