Referees’ Performances | 2024/2025

Having slept on it, apart from Haalands booking (did he say something?) Taylor was pre.....pret.....pretty..... go.... good. There fuck it I said it.

Taylor was fine. As was the ref at the CS last week.

The odd little thing here and there wrong for both refs, but that’s it.

When we start throwing lines around like ‘two leg breaking challenges’ (for two fairly nothing incidents that were just free kicks and nobody batted an eyelid at last week even from our own team), and ‘as poor a performance as i have seen’ (what in the whole of your football watching history, yesterday was as poor a referee’s performance as you’ve ever seen?!)… that’s where we get laughed at, and when we do really have a poor ref’s performance nobody pays any attention to us because we’ve cried wolf so often.

Let’s be sensible in these threads, eh. We’ve all got to be connected to these comments you all make because we’re seen as a set of fans as one entity.

You must be new here......

The free kick is now taken from where the offender plays the ball rather than his starting position when the ball is played to him. So it’s actually possible to take a free kick for offside inside your opponent’s half if the player has come back to collect the ball.

Is that a new rule? Or have I just misunderstood it for years?

Is that a new rule? Or have I just misunderstood it for years?
I think it came in a couple of seasons ago? The logic being that no offence has been committed until the offside player plays or attempts to play the ball or interferes with an opponent.

As usual he allowed an over physical game, Haaland does catch the Chelsea player, but it is probably caused by the other Chelsea player, we had the usual bullshit of the lineman not raising his flag. After the Chelsea player took out KDB and Savio he did not blow, he gave advantage, which we see a lot of, and like the others he did not go back and book the player, he did give a booking for a foul on Doku which did deserve a yellow, but he gave the yellow for the earlier off the ball coming together, seconds before that should have been red. He could have given two penalties for Chelsea, but since the ball had gone he was right.

I think it came in a couple of seasons ago? The logic being that no offence has been committed until the offside player plays or attempts to play the ball or interferes with an opponent.

I suppose there is a certain logic, but what could have been the trigger to require a change in the law to clarify that situation I wonder? Maybe it was before all this delayed flag nonsense so the linesman could put his flag up and stand still to indicate where the offence was. But now, of course, with the delayed flag which can take forever like yesterday, they can't possibly know where the offence took place, so they are still guessing.

Not important I suppose, but I sometimes wish they would stop pissing around with the lotg.

Bald bastard Taylor totally ignored three shockers from behind by Fofana. Then booked Haaland for fuck all and disallowed a perfectly good goal at the same time.
I still don’t get why VAR didn’t review it. They are supposed to review every goal. On MOTD2 there was some doubt about if the whistle was blown before Lewis hit the ball into the net.

Definitely a foul by Haaland. The initial swipe is probably ok but he scrapes his stoods down Colwill's knee afterwards and that's enough for the foul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.