Referees’ Performances | 2024/2025

Was that the long-delayed offside? I thought it was strange the restart was in the middle of the half rather than on the half-way line. Was I wrong?
The free kick is now taken from where the offender plays the ball rather than his starting position when the ball is played to him. So it’s actually possible to take a free kick for offside inside your opponent’s half if the player has come back to collect the ball.

It’s a bit harsh being annoyed at a referee because players don’t know the laws of the game.

Players and this fan, Jackson was offside just inside our half.

We had that play on thing for awhile and then eventually the flag went up and it was given just outside of our box.

What are me and Dias missing?

Players and this fan, Jackson was offside just inside our half.

We had that play on thing for awhile and then eventually the flag went up and it was given just outside of our box.

What are me and Dias missing?
Players are only offside when they become active in play (ie, touching the ball or affecting play near the ball), and that’s where the free kick should be taken from.

A player is not offside if he’s in an offside position and not active or affecting/interfering with play. Jackson didn't cause an offside offence at the point the ball was played, he only caused an offence/made himself offside by touching the ball after being in an offside position at the point that ball was played.

That free kick yesterday was taken from the correct place.

Last edited:
I didn't think he was that bad to be honest.

Yes, there were 3-4 long VAR delays but that wasn't his fault
We can all find the odd mistake, but it was a difficult game with numerous decisions that could have gone either way.

Players are only offside when they become active in play (ie, touching the ball or affecting play near the ball), and that’s where the free kick should be taken from.

A player is not offside if he’s in an offside position and not active or affecting/interfering with play. Jackson didn't cause an offside offence at the point the ball was played, he only caused an offence/made himself offside by touching the ball after being in an offside position at the point that n’all was played.

That free kick yesterday was taken from the correct place.
When the offside offence occurs, the referee stops play, and awards an indirect free kick to the defending team from the place where the offending player became involved in active play.

I think but may be wrong that Jackson touched the ball and therefore became active around the centre circle which is where Dias was trying to take the free kick.

EDIT: Just seen again and this is where he actually touches it and where the free kick should have been taken
1724052995499.png
Where it was taken

1724053159266.png

Last edited:
I didn't think he was that bad to be honest.

Yes, there were 3-4 long VAR delays but that wasn't his fault
We can all find the odd mistake, but it was a difficult game with numerous decisions that could have gone either way.
Taylor was fine. As was the ref at the CS last week.

The odd little thing here and there wrong for both refs, but that’s it.

When we start throwing lines around like ‘two leg breaking challenges’ (for two fairly nothing incidents that were just free kicks and nobody batted an eyelid at last week even from our own team), and ‘as poor a performance as i have seen’ (what in the whole of your football watching history, yesterday was as poor a referee’s performance as you’ve ever seen?!)… that’s where we get laughed at, and when we do really have a poor ref’s performance nobody pays any attention to us because we’ve cried wolf so often.

Let’s be sensible in these threads, eh. We’ve all got to be connected to these comments you all make because we’re seen as a set of fans as one entity.

Taylor was fine. As was the ref at the CS last week.

The odd little thing here and there wrong for both refs, but that’s it.

When we start throwing lines around like ‘two leg breaking challenges’ (for two fairly nothing incidents that were just free kicks and nobody batted an eyelid at last week even from our own team), and ‘as poor a performance as i have seen’ (what in the whole of your football watching history, yesterday was as poor a referee’s performance as you’ve ever seen?!)… that’s where we get laughed at, and when we do really have a poor ref’s performance nobody pays any attention to us because we’ve cried wolf so often.

Let’s be sensible in these threads, eh. We’ve all got to be connected to these comments you all make because we’re seen as a set of fans as one entity.
100%....

there are some unnecessary, historical comments made about fairly run of the mill decisions that cam pass without exaggeration.

Count to 10 and always re read your comments afore pressing send.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.