Referees’ Performances | 2024/2025

Taylor was fine. As was the ref at the CS last week.

The odd little thing here and there wrong for both refs, but that’s it.

When we start throwing lines around like ‘two leg breaking challenges’ (for two fairly nothing incidents that were just free kicks and nobody batted an eyelid at last week even from our own team), and ‘as poor a performance as i have seen’ (what in the whole of your football watching history, yesterday was as poor a referee’s performance as you’ve ever seen?!)… that’s where we get laughed at, and when we do really have a poor ref’s performance nobody pays any attention to us because we’ve cried wolf so often.

Let’s be sensible in these threads, eh. We’ve all got to be connected to these comments you all make because we’re seen as a set of fans as one entity.
Some sense.

Yeah, I remember shouting the fuck when Aguero was caught offside and they had the free kick a yard inside our half. The idea of not being offside in yer own half becomes a little outdated, particularly when yer have a couple of teams who would launch the indirect free into our area (no names, no pack drill, but a red shirt is a common factor.
You still can't be offside if in your own half when the ball is played.

If you think the challenge on Kev was a fairly nothing incident then I’d love to hear your threshold for what a bad tackle is.
Every club and its fans will say things like this about every single game through the entire season in all 4 leagues.

People think these refs are robots who see absolutely everything. Human beings are in charge and they call things as they see it in real time. Sometimes they get them wrong. Most of the time they get them right.

The over the top scrutiny of them though makes discussions about it futile. Then you get people like Sebastian blue almost calling out the M23 poster because his post isn’t being all out slagging off of the ref yesterday.

It’s just opinions.

So, I thought this was unlikely, but then again...

The most likely scenario I can think of is a goal kick, where the attacking team do that thing where they all stand close together near the half way line. The kick is taken, and one attacker breaks early, but realises the ball isn't going to reach him, so stops, expecting to rejoin play when the attack progresses.

A defender makes fantastic contact with a header, and it powers all the way back to the keeper. The keeper runs to the ball to immediately hit it back, so most players stay in the cluster. He kicks, but it's a muddy day and he slips and falls to the floor, with the ball just rolling towards the penalty spot. He's not injured, so the ref doesn't stop play, but he's a bit slow getting back up, as he's disoriented by the surprise fall.

Most players were backtracking slightly, expecting a long kick, but the player who was in an offside position started running back when the ball was headed. He's was still just off when the keeper kicked, but is now the only player moving forward at pace in the right direction, and when he sees the keeper slip, he continues his run and is the first to reach the ball.

An indirect free kick could then be awarded on the penalty spot for offside.
In theory!

Every club and its fans will say things like this about every single game through the entire season in all 4 leagues.

People think these refs are robots who see absolutely everything. Human beings are in charge and they call things as they see it in real time. Sometimes they get them wrong. Most of the time they get them right.

The over the top scrutiny of them though makes discussions about it futile. Then you get people like Sebastian blue almost calling out the M23 poster because his post isn’t being all out slagging off of the ref yesterday.

It’s just opinions.
First, at least have the integrity to tag me in if you are going to criticise something I have done.

And I wasn’t calling out @M23 Citizen for not criticising the referees, that is nonsense. I have simply highlighted their very strong opinion about how blues post on Bluemoon (not merely their opinions; they actually referred to us supposedly being “laughed at” for opinions about the referees) being a very strange take from an apparently brand new user.

It’s just opinions.
So you did or didn’t think it was a terrible challenge worthy of a booking?
The same player went on to commit several other fouls which did eventually lead to a yellow.
Innocuous fouls that get missed I’ve no issue with but to miss that one right in front of him was bordering on neglect.
Also, the foul he gave against Haaland in the first 5 mins on the goal line when it was Haaland being dragged down was a joke.
Other than that I thought he had a good game.

First, at least have the integrity to tag me in if you are going to criticise something I have done.

And I wasn’t calling out @M23 Citizen for not criticising the referees, that is nonsense. I have simply highlighted their very strong opinion about how blues post on Bluemoon (not merely their opinions; they actually referred to us supposedly being “laughed at” for opinions about the referees) being a very strange take from an apparently brand new user.
Were you a new user at one point?

@Pingu the Penguin hopefully you saw the new directive being implemented today, grab Haaland, hold him push him and then throw him to the floor. Chelsea got the free kick. That is the new directive isn't it ?
Isn't it ! Nobody told Taylor then.
Only saw our game this weekend mate but that was a joke decision for sure. Noticed big erl mentioned persistent fouling and holding at corners last night too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.