Referees’ Performances | 2024/2025

Refereeing stats spreadsheet starting to take shape.

Of note so far after 2 games:

The ratio of fouls to bookings is looking stacked against City. As a percentage, v Chelsea it was 8.3% to 12.5% against City.
Today it was 20% to 50% against City.

Opposition players are being allowed more fouls before being booked. Dias was first foul, and Jack was for simulation which was bollocks.

They were denied a penalty though, which I though should have been given.

Dias’s was a pretty obvious yellow card though. Grealish I thought was harsh but could see why he thought it was a dive.

Didn’t think he was too bad today.

Dias’s was a pretty obvious yellow card though. Grealish I thought was harsh but could see why he thought it was a dive.

Didn’t think he was too bad today.
I bet a pound sterling to a pound of tripe that he doesn't book every simulation inside the area this season - reserved for one of the home players at The Etihad! That would bring a wee chuckle from his PiGMOL employers.

Surprised the penalty got given. Not because it wasn't obvious, just expected their new initiative of leaving it to the refs more would be overly enforced and screw us out of a pen.

The problem with that is refs now don't make a decision because they can have var do it for them. That logic is fine, i've bo real issue with that but to then say var will get involved less just means their going to make less decisions than they would without var and then var doesn't intervene.

No idea why he needed what must have been a dozen views on the screen to give it, the one replay they showed on the screen was as conclusive as you could want. Took minutes to make a decision that should have taken seconds.

That aside I don't think he was as bad as is being suggested. Come may, if we were to rank all the refs performances over the season, I suspect that performance will sit someway up the list. We will get far worse than that. Definitely says more about the state of refs but that's sadly the reality we have to put up with.

Was the whistler today a replacement, I didn’t have a clue who he was?
The BBC used to list the referee after the line ups on their Scores 'n Fixtures page. Then they stopped doing it but today I noticed that they had No 1 Ass Ref, No 2 Ass ref, Fourth Official, 'n VAR Wallah, but no ref's name!

Sam Allison! The first black ref since Uriah Rennie. If he's twice as good as Uriah he'll still be shit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.