Referees’ Performances | 2024/2025

Because I think officials are not above showing mercy; in this case, for both Ipswich and the referee (for making such a bad decision, in a long line of ones), even though they shouldn’t be doing that at this level.
And if we lose the league on goal difference?

Fuck mercy. They are there to apply the rules.

And if we lose the league on goal difference?

Fuck mercy. They are there to apply the rules.

They should do of course but they objectively don't. How many times have we been 5/6-0 up and used all subs and the referee has given 3 minutes added on? In Europe it's even worse, sometimes they don't even bother with added time. Mercy rules.

Feeling sorry for the opposition is engrained in how referees operate in this sport. And it's permitted and even encouraged in the name of making things more competitive.

:) Well, possibly. But by losing control, I mean losing control of the players and that has happened before plenty of times with other referees. I don't mean making decisions one set of supporters doesn't like. Tbh, I didn't get the impression he was treating one side differently to the other. I suppose others will say he was equally as bad for both teams. I am feeling generous tonight.

Anyway, it's not really that important to me but if someone asked me how he was, I would say he was OK.
You, feeling generous?

200w.gif

Refereeing stats spreadsheet starting to take shape.

Of note so far after 2 games:

The ratio of fouls to bookings is looking stacked against City. As a percentage, v Chelsea it was 8.3% to 12.5% against City.
Today it was 20% to 50% against City.

Opposition players are being allowed more fouls before being booked. Dias was first foul, and Jack was for simulation which was bollocks.

They were denied a penalty though, which I though should have been given.

The number of times I shouted to leave our players alone was unbelievable today.
The Ipswich number 19 was very lucky I couldn’t get at him for his foul on John Stones because although I’m not violet I would have given him a tongue lashing and a half for that one alone. Both the player and the referee. I hadn’t realised until I read it higher up in this thread that he was a last minute replacement so I’ll give him a little bit of slack. But he was rubbish.

What do you normally charge?

Refereeing stats spreadsheet starting to take shape.

Of note so far after 2 games:

The ratio of fouls to bookings is looking stacked against City. As a percentage, v Chelsea it was 8.3% to 12.5% against City.
Today it was 20% to 50% against City.

Opposition players are being allowed more fouls before being booked. Dias was first foul, and Jack was for simulation which was bollocks.

They were denied a penalty though, which I though should have been given.
You’ve done a spread sheet ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.