Referees’ Performances | 2024/2025

The number of times I shouted to leave our players alone was unbelievable today.
The Ipswich number 19 was very lucky I couldn’t get at him for his foul on John Stones because although I’m not violent I would have given him a tongue lashing and a half for that one alone. Both the player and the referee. I hadn’t realised until I read it higher up in this thread that he was a last minute replacement so I’ll give him a little bit of slack. But he was rubbish.

Last edited:
On replays he was fouled why didn’t VAR tell him like the one on Savio ..
Because I think officials are not above showing mercy; in this case, for both Ipswich and the referee (for making such a bad decision, in a long line of ones), even though they shouldn’t be doing that at this level.

An absolute shocking ref. Should never ref a PL game again until he has excelled for at least two seasons lower down. How did he miss the penalty on Haaland in the first minute and then the actual one was beyond me. And how did Delap not get booked. Utter shambles of a performance
3 fouls in 2 mins for Delap. No booking. Ridiculous that.

You say he was OK and then list examples of why he wasn't.

There will always be examples of things that aren't agreed with, by both sides. I didn't say he is was great. I said he was OK.

It wasn't a difficult game to referee, but I have seen referees lose control of easier games than that. Forest last year for example.

There will always be examples of things that aren't agreed with, by both sides. I didn't say he is was great. I said he was OK.

It wasn't a difficult game to referee, but I have seen referees lose control of easier games than that. Forest last year for example.
I think the most generous interpretation of his performance is that he did lose control of the match pretty early on, hence the ignored penalty on Haaland, the initially ignored penalty on Savinhi, the Kova injury, and our “just avoid getting injured and don’t concede” mentality for much of the second half.

Thought he was pretty good but you can't just presume a foul in the penalty area is play on because if you make a decision it will make scousers, rags and gooners cry.

I think the most generous interpretation of his performance is that he did lose control of the match pretty early on, hence the ignored penalty on Haaland, the initially ignored penalty on Savinhi, the Kova injury, and our “just avoid getting injured and don’t concede” mentality for much of the second half.

:) Well, possibly. But by losing control, I mean losing control of the players and that has happened before plenty of times with other referees. I don't mean making decisions one set of supporters doesn't like. Tbh, I didn't get the impression he was treating one side differently to the other. I suppose others will say he was equally as bad for both teams. I am feeling generous tonight.

Anyway, it's not really that important to me but if someone asked me how he was, I would say he was OK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.