Referees’ Performances | 2024/2025

i thought he was generally ok with his decisions bu at times thought he was playing inside left for us, he always seemed to be in the way when the ball was going towards and back from the left wing

The guy was fine today, possibly helped by the fact that both teams tried to make a game of it, rather than just spoiling. Anyway credit where credit is due, to both the referee and Brentford.

So far this season, I would say we haven't had a bad refereeing performance. Which is a little suspicious.
I’d say the same. Refs look like they’re more ‘on it’ this season across the board. We’ve not had a bad performance from one yet.

I wouldn’t have even complained had he sent Kovačić off yesterday, I thought it was a snide foul that was only ever going to hurt their lad, and he only booked him.

The guy was fine today, possibly helped by the fact that both teams tried to make a game of it, rather than just spoiling. Anyway credit where credit is due, to both the referee and Brentford.

So far this season, I would say we haven't had a bad refereeing performance. Which is a little suspicious.

We haven't had a bad performance. In general the referees are nowhere near as bad as other fans like to make out. Fans use them as a scapegoat for poor performances.

Much like the Rice incident against Brighton. I think it was the correct decision but even if you think it was soft, the first point of criticism has to be at Rice for getting involved. The referee wasn't ridiculously wrong as was made out.

I’d say the same. Refs look like they’re more ‘on it’ this season across the board. We’ve not had a bad performance from one yet.

I wouldn’t have even complained had he sent Kovačić off yesterday, I thought it was a snide foul that was only ever going to hurt their lad, and he only booked him.

I think I probably like this idea of VAR not getting involved unless it really has to. Makes me wonder why they can't do that also for offsides, then maybe it will do what we thought it said on the tin.

I thought the referee was fine yesterday, nothing controversial. My only gripe being how he got in the way of some of our passing lanes, and Brentfords. I wonder whether being new to the PL and style, he will have to get used to being in different positions, being slightly deeper and not trying to get as close to the play as he wants

Not that bad a foul, did you see the Sheffield United one on the Hull player on Friday?
I didn’t see the Sheff Utd foul Gray but I’ve watched the kovacic fouls back on MOTD and he could easily have been sent off. I’m just glad it was only a yellow.

So relieved Alty Taylor went to Bournemouth for the weekend with his pack of yellow cards and not the Etihad to make PL history.
Thus. Did anyone else read the Bournemouth Chelsea 14 yellow card headline and immediately think Anthony Taylor before scanning down to see .... Anthony Taylor? He must be the worst best ref ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.