Referees’ Performances | 2024/2025

Top ref performance. Could quibble with couple decisions but very very good overall
This is the issue for me…. Blues thinking we did ok with the ref. Despite an atrocious performance…

When was the last time 10% of us thought we got away with one (NEVER). The law of averages says thats impossible, but here we are again…

Isn't the newish rule that if the referee plays advantage, he can't go back and card the player or something along those lines? Or am I talking out of my ass?

Can't go back and book for a foul deemed as Stopping a Promising Attack, e.g. a pull-back where the attack isn't stopped.

Can go back and book for other reasons (e.g. reckless tackles).

This is the issue for me…. Blues thinking we did ok with the ref. Despite an atrocious performance…

When was the last time 10% of us thought we got away with one (NEVER). The law of averages says thats impossible, but here we are again…
?

You can't play advantage and then issue a red, a yellow can still be shown.

Neither of those things are true. A referee can play advantage and then go back and show either card.

You’ll very rarely, if ever, see it with a red card though, as it’s strongly discouraged.

Can't go back and book for a foul deemed as Stopping a Promising Attack, e.g. a pull-back where the attack isn't stopped.

Can go back and book for other reasons (e.g. reckless tackles).
That makes sense. Thanks. Caicedo should have definitely been booked in that case.

Neither of those things are true. A referee can play advantage and then go back and show either card.

You’ll very rarely, if ever, see it with a red card though, as it’s strongly discouraged.

Quite - for red cards, very strong advice is that you stop immediately to prevent the chance of the offending player scoring before play or similar significant action is stopped.

I think the example I saw is the ball rolling towards the goalline and a 100% goal would justify not stopping play.

You are not Richard Masters and I claim my free late challenge through the back of my legs waived away by Taylor!
There was a couple of those Fofana in particular, Caicedo should have been booked for the foul on KDB in the first half.

It's alot better than what we are used to seen in the past, We had a couple of tactical fouls on Chelsea players gone unpunished too (not as many).

Overall I thought he done really well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.