Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly we'll never know if the dive early on would have been a nailed on pen.

Thought he did ok apart from not booking the dive & allowing Wiltshire to throw himself around and mouth off without any reprecussions
He did give a yellow to him after he sarcastically clapped at him for not giving a free kick if I remember correctly

I thought we would have had major problems with Pawson but did ref the game as fairly as possible. With the Chelsea game at least its not the Alti fan.

Last edited:
I thought we would have had major problems with Pawson but did ref the game as fairly as possible. With the Chelsea game at least its not the Alti fan.

I'll be surprised if we see Taylor again this season.

I didn't understand what was and wasn't a foul on Sunday, but it was pretty even-handed which is what's most important.

Before the game started they said to all those fans attending the game that if VAR was going to be used they would keep the fans updated, this did not happen. So what happened I find that VAR was used to see if Leroy Sane was offside, but they decided that he was not offside. I think that the ref for the final had a really good game, as he did not fall for the diving tactic's of the Arsenal players but warned them about diving.

Pawson managed the game well. He did in fact give us a lot of licence to be fair.
We could have had far, far worse. We moan & groan when the refs are shocking - and rightly so
but a bit of credit to them when they actually do OK is also merited.

Even my wife commented that he was pro City! No need to say anymore ;-)

Pawson managed the game well. He did in fact give us a lot of licence to be fair.
We could have had far, far worse. We moan & groan when the refs are shocking - and rightly so
but a bit of credit to them when they actually do OK is also merited.

Even my wife commented that he was pro City! No need to say anymore ;-)

Wouldn't say he was pro anybody. He was pretty fair though, better than most.

Who is the ref for Thursday? I'd have Pawson back for it no problem, if it was the Alty fan on Sunday we would have only won 1-0.... Probably

Andre Marriner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.