Referees/Officials Thread - 2023/24

Every decision against us yesterday by the referee was the correct decision to the law! That wasn't applied to Brighton though, they should have had at least 3 more yellow cards if he was referee to the rules of the game as he did to us..
That’s as valid an opinion as any. The number of cards dished out would vary from person to person and referee to referee.

Refereeing is hard. It’s mega fast and they have to make split second decisions. What they decide is then automatically and instantly hated by at least 2k fans in a stadium, growing to a max of 70k+.

I bet if you asked a Brighton fan about yesterday‘s match, they’d suggest he was biased towards us.

It’s the same thing. Humans in interpreting the LotG differently shocker.

What one ref deems enough of a pull back another might not. Fans will determine which is right by the one that suits their team more.

If you got all the PL referees in a room and watched 10 fouls, I bet some would be 50/50 on whether it was a foul and some would use a card and others wouldn’t.

Referees have different tolerances and they change in each match. It’s impossible for a referee not to be slightly pissed of by a team constantly shouting in his face or a baying crowd.

I agree with your last sentence. If a player does what Jack does whilst a referee is trying to calm a game down, he might not get a card. Similarly, if it’s out of the blue and giving the officials abuse, then he could be carded. Players know that if they contest a decision, they risk sanction from the referee. They also know they won’t change the decision. It’s to try to influence the next 50/50 decision.
A push is a push! Grabbing hold is grabbing hold. There is something fundamentally wrong with the application of the LotG if we are, surreptitiously, being treated to a measurement on the Richter Scale of Pushes. Foden was fouled! The 'challenge' met every criteria the LotG require for a player to be sanctioned. The ref ignored it! It's not a case of disagreeing with the ref, it's probably the clearest example from yesterday's game where the ref's decision was wrong. And my argument rests on the question 'Why are so-called experienced FIFA refs getting such simple things wrong?

Every decision against us yesterday by the referee was the correct decision to the law! That wasn't applied to Brighton though, they should have had at least 3 more yellow cards if he was referee to the rules of the game as he did to us..
This is the long-held belief of many City fans, probably after we won our second title with Pellers, that the threshold for fouls and yellow cards is variable.

That’s as valid an opinion as any. The number of cards dished out would vary from person to person and referee to referee.

Refereeing is hard. It’s mega fast and they have to make split second decisions. What they decide is then automatically and instantly hated by at least 2k fans in a stadium, growing to a max of 70k+.

I bet if you asked a Brighton fan about yesterday‘s match, they’d suggest he was biased towards us.
I'd like to ask a Brighton fan what he thought of Foden not getting that free kick! I've already received the thoughts of a Toffee fan that the Akanji and Konate incidents were carbon copies! I shall see if my Swindon Town-supporting mate has a view. Brighton are not one of his 'hated' teams so he should be unbiased!!

I'd like to ask a Brighton fan what he thought of Foden not getting that free kick!
They’d say the ref was right. All fans are biased. That’s fine. What isn’t is the continual crowing about corruption.

A push, grab or hold doesn’t necessarily mean a foul though. Football is a contact sport.

In your interpretation, every corner would result in a free kick or a penalty, depending on which of the 12 different hold/pulls you decided was in breech of the LotG.

They’d say the ref was right. All fans are biased. That’s fine. What isn’t is the continual crowing about corruption.

A push, grab or hold doesn’t necessarily mean a foul though. Football is a contact sport.

In your interpretation, every corner would result in a free kick or a penalty, depending on which of the 12 different hold/pulls you decided was in breech of the LotG.
I actually thought the ref wasn’t that bad yesterday.

Every decision against us yesterday by the referee was the correct decision to the law!
Bollocks. Akanji's second yellow was pathetic. He touched his waist like he was chatting him up, and he fell down like he's been rugby tackled. Even as a first yellow, I'd be massively pissed off with that decision. As a second yellow, which almost always have a higher threshold in the real world (even if the rulebook doesn't say they should), it was ridiculously harsh.

Bollocks. Akanji's second yellow was pathetic. He touched his waist like he was chatting him up, and he fell down like he's been rugby tackled. Even as a first yellow, I'd be massively pissed off with that decision. As a second yellow, which almost always have a higher threshold in the real world (even if the rulebook doesn't say they should), it was ridiculously harsh.
And red teams would never be sent off for a second yellow for that , people seethe because pigmol does not ref the same for everyone , given how much they hate us it is very suspect . Pep has said several times over the yrs that we do it for ourselves , no help , he knows , virtually all blues know

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.