Referees/Officials Thread - 2023/24

Officiating is at an all time low and that’s saying something give it never been great.

We are not witnessing honest mistakes each and every week, we are seeing blatant bias at best and out and out cheating at worst.

Football is being fucking ruined by PiGMOB.

Officiating is at an all time low and that’s saying something give it never been great.

We are not witnessing honest mistakes each and every week, we are seeing blatant bias at best and out and out cheating at worst.

Football is being fucking ruined by PiGMOB.
And yet football is more popular than ever before.

I used to think debates could be had around officiating, but people can’t see beyond their own bias anymore and just want to rant about the referee every week.

Our referee didn’t affect the result today. He made some errors, but every referee will in every match they officiate.

People demand cards for every foul these days. It doesn’t mean they are right,

Refereeing is infinitely harder now because of camera scrutiny and the pace of the game. Any of the referees that you thought were great from years of yonder would be shite now. It’s a totally different game where players are always trying to cheat their way into getting decisions and cards.

Loved the way Pawson gave himself to think then sent Young off.
Just the way he gave himself time to think NOT to send the Korean player at wolves off against us.
Then to tell players to go away when Konate for the dippers makes 2 yellow fouls.
It fucking stinks.
They must be being told "don't worry about a government's independent regulator we've got it all under control" for them to be still blatantly protecting the red shirts and fucking us

And yet football is more popular than ever before.

I used to think debates could be had around officiating, but people can’t see beyond their own bias anymore and just want to rant about the referee every week.

Our referee didn’t affect the result today. He made some errors, but every referee will in every match they officiate.

People demand cards for every foul these days. It doesn’t mean they are right,

Refereeing is infinitely harder now because of camera scrutiny and the pace of the game. Any of the referees that you thought were great from years of yonder would be shite now. It’s a totally different game where players are always trying to cheat their way into getting decisions and cards.

You’re entitled to your opinion.

I don’t agree.

Refereeing is infinitely harder now because of camera scrutiny and the pace of the game.
I think it's harder for sure but as much because rather than just honestly refereeing the game in front of them, they are mentally cross-referencing every decision with the PIGMOL narrative, eg having different winners each season is good for the game and even more so if it is cycled between the rags and liverpool.

You’re entitled to your opinion.

I don’t agree.
Yep, same with you. I imagine if referees were bent, then their masters would be very disappointed in them.

They’ve let us win the treble and every single home match so far this calendar year.

They‘re even shitter at being bent than they are consistent.

Still, he could have given us a couple more free kicks and the opposition another card or two.

#NoPerspective.

Yep, same with you. I imagine if referees were bent, then their masters would be very disappointed in them.

They’ve let us win the treble and every single home match so far this calendar year.

They‘re even shitter at being bent than they are consistent.

Still, he could have given us a couple more free kicks and the opposition another card or two.

#NoPerspective.

A testament to just how good we are that we manage to overcome their attempts.

Our games follow a consistent pattern that I have never seen in 52 years of watching football.

Never has a side so dominant in possession consistently seen so many free kicks given against it compared to the opposition, more cards, 5 yesterday alone from 9 fouls and now even red cards which suggests we are a dirty side.

Every week you will watch a player hack away 2/3/4 times on a player with nothing but a word and the first time we do it, yellow card. Every week you see tackles on us go unpunished in dangerous positions yet as soon as it’s our end, the whistle is blown giving them what is often their only chance of getting something from a game and yes, yesterday we saw it again.

The players see it, Pep sees it and so do a majority of our fans.

A testament to just how good we are that we manage to overcome their attempts.

Our games follow a consistent pattern that I have never seen in 52 years of watching football.

Never has a side so dominant in possession consistently seen so many free kicks given against it compared to the opposition, more cards, 5 yesterday alone from 9 fouls and now even red cards which suggests we are a dirty side.

Every week you will watch a player hack away 2/3/4 times on a player with nothing but a word and the first time we do it, yellow card. Every week you see tackles on us go unpunished in dangerous positions yet as soon as it’s our end, the whistle is blown giving them what is often their only chance of getting something from a game and yes, yesterday we saw it again.

The players see it, Pep sees it and so do a majority of our fans.
Then you don‘t understand Pep and his need for us to get the ball back within 6 seconds or make a foul to stop the transition if possible. Those type of “ dark art” fouls always get more yellow cards than other little niggly fouls.

Your first sentence isn’t true. If the refs were bent, it wouldn‘t matter how good we are. That is what bent referees do. They change the result of the matches for betting purposes. The fact they have failed every time this year seems far too high of a number for them not to have done so.

Peoples thirst for opposition yellow cards vs us is utterly irrelevant. Each fould is slightly different with a different context.

If Pep did see bias and corruption yesterday, he was very quiet about it.

Yet again, it’s the same posters on here moaning repeatedly. Some hardly ever mention anything else about the game and just shout in CAPITALS to emphasise their OPINION trying to state them as facts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.