Referees/Officials Thread - 2023/24

I think people misrepresent corruption for them not agreeing with refereeing decisions, armed with whataboutery to try and show inconsistency (a referee can never be 100% consistent and be human), but it shows more their own internal bias.

I think people misrepresent corruption for them not agreeing with refereeing decisions, armed with whataboutery to try and show inconsistency (a referee can never be 100% consistent and be human), but it shows more their own internal bias.

I think some people just can’t accept that many don’t agree with them.

You have your opinion, I have mine and it differs.

We move on.

I think some people just can’t accept that many don’t agree with them.

You have your opinion, I have mine and it differs.

We move on.
Agreed. You never agree with referees and I can give them some slack.

The game and life moves on with our corruption seers frothing at the mouth for 36 hours after each game.

It doesn't matter what label we give to the 'inconsistences' that litter referees' performances, I'd just settle for the term 'incompetent'! The foul on Foden yesterday, right under the linesman's nose, clearly seen by the ref, a clear push in the back beggars belief that they apply what is written in the LotG. My ERO has called the Konate incident a carbon copy for the one which delivered the second yellow to Akanji. These things should not be happening, and if it is down to the vagaries of the human condition it's about time we had some fuckin' robots blowing the whistle. I'm sure we could make robots that would run faster and better keep up with play, give them a pair of eyes in the back of their head and all kinds of sensory abilities of which our coven of whistling wankers could only dream.

It doesn't matter what label we give to the 'inconsistences' that litter referees' performances, I'd just settle for the term 'incompetent'! The foul on Foden yesterday, right under the linesman's nose, clearly seen by the ref, a clear push in the back beggars belief that they apply what is written in the LotG. My ERO has called the Konate incident a carbon copy for the one which delivered the second yellow to Akanji. These things should not be happening, and if it is down to the vagaries of the human condition it's about time we had some fuckin' robots blowing the whistle. I'm sure we could make robots that would run faster and better keep up with play, give them a pair of eyes in the back of their head and all kinds of sensory abilities of which our coven of whistling wankers could only dream.
Humans in being different shocker. No two referees will make all the same decisions.

What happened with Konate is totally irrelevant to Akanji yesterday.

The referee didn’t influence our result yesterday. People just love a good moan because they thought some decisions should have been different.

Humans in being different shocker. No two referees will make all the same decisions.

What happened with Konate is totally irrelevant to Akanji yesterday.

The referee didn’t influence our result yesterday. People just love a good moan because they thought some decisions should have been different.
Application of the LotG shocker, more like. We should not be seeing two players grabbing hold of another player to prevent forward movement and one receiving a card and the other just sanctioned with a free kick. Do refs actually sit in a room and watch videos of games and come to different conclusions. It's quite clear this season that if you do what Jack did yesterday it's a yellow card, but I bet yer sweet bippy it won't be a yellow card on every ground.

Application of the LotG shocker, more like. We should not be seeing two players grabbing hold of another player to prevent forward movement and one receiving a card and the other just sanctioned with a free kick. Do refs actually sit in a room and watch videos of games and come to different conclusions. It's quite clear this season that if you do what Jack did yesterday it's a yellow card, but I bet yer sweet bippy it won't be a yellow card on every ground.
It’s the same thing. Humans in interpreting the LotG differently shocker.

What one ref deems enough of a pull back another might not. Fans will determine which is right by the one that suits their team more.

If you got all the PL referees in a room and watched 10 fouls, I bet some would be 50/50 on whether it was a foul and some would use a card and others wouldn’t.

Referees have different tolerances and they change in each match. It’s impossible for a referee not to be slightly pissed of by a team constantly shouting in his face or a baying crowd.

I agree with your last sentence. If a player does what Jack does whilst a referee is trying to calm a game down, he might not get a card. Similarly, if it’s out of the blue and giving the officials abuse, then he could be carded. Players know that if they contest a decision, they risk sanction from the referee. They also know they won’t change the decision. It’s to try to influence the next 50/50 decision.

Yesterday was the same ref making different decisions. No problem with Akanji's second yellow but where was his card when the Brighton no.3 took a wild swipe at Stones after the ball had gone in the second half, it certainly wasn't his first foul?

Yesterday was the same ref making different decisions. No problem with Akanji's second yellow but where was his card when the Brighton no.3 took a wild swipe at Stones after the ball had gone in the second half, it certainly wasn't his first foul?
I agree that it could have been a yellow card, but it wasn’t a nailed on one. It’s a good example that if one of our players had done that we’d be giving the ref the benefit of the doubt, but because it was against us, the ref was obviously wrong!

I said in my match thoughts that he could have gone as he fouled Rodri pretty nastily straight afterwards. He probably wouldn’t have made the challenge had he been on a yellow though.

Agreed. You never agree with referees and I can give them some slack.

The game and life moves on with our corruption seers frothing at the mouth for 36 hours after each game.

Every decision against us yesterday by the referee was the correct decision to the law! That wasn't applied to Brighton though, they should have had at least 3 more yellow cards if he was referee to the rules of the game as he did to us..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.