Referees/Officials

If I've mis-quoted you it wasn't intentional, however I'll stick with I think you're wumming because you seem to be one of a very very small minority who think we aren't being shafted on a regular basis.
Burnley at home, we won despite the ref.
Chelsea at home.
Leicester away, we were shambolic but should have had 3 penalties.
Everton at 0-0 penalty to us not given.
Spurs yesterday.
There's plenty more too!

You mentioned Sane and the penalty at WHU nobody else, and used them to suit your narrative of us not being done every week. Yet both decisions were called correctly, no way can the linesman get the Sane offside right, Christ even when its freeze framed it's almost impossible to tell.

Well to start with I don't think we're done every week either though we are done most weeks. No one has had as many shocking decisions go against them than we have, I don't mean poor ones either, I'm talking shockers.
You're ignoring my question about the rags getting the benefit almost every week because you know it gucking stinks!!

And don't get me started aboutbthe media manipulation of it all.

We will miss out on the top 4 this year because the powers that be need the rags in it, as Scudamore has already said.

Look you've got your view, I've mine, let's leave it at that, though I feel eventually it'll all come out like it did in Italy.

Just to make it clear I get as pissed off with refereeing decisions as much as anybody on this forum. Probably more than many as my matchday commute involves a five hundred mile journey and 85 quid in petrol costs. I do think of late we have had some horrendous decisions but, maybe I am naive, but with no evidence I cannot believe there is a systematic campaign by referees to influence our matches to benefit United. It would only take one fall out, one referee to disagree for that whole corrupt system to come crashing down and if, as people say in here, the FA are responsible are the blokes in charge likely to risk long jail terms, the destruction of their families to benefit United. I am guessing they are already extremely wealthy people so why take the risk?

You may say I am being a Wum but the alternative , to me, acks a decent motive, lack of evidence and requires the collusion of numerous people. The suggestion literally infers all refs are bent, are if not, are culpable in covering up this cheating. Similarly all those involved in the higher echelons of the FA and presumably there paymasters which could be one of United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or all four of them. It does not make my viewpoint the most ridiculous or extreme Wum does it? For many my argument could be considered more balanced than those believing in a widespread conspiracy.

As for the Media nobody hates them more than me. Unlike many on here, who moan they are shafting us, I wont give Sky or BT a penny.

The treatment of Pep is bang out of order but take the blue tinted specs off and it was similarly disgraceful how they treated Van Gaal or even Moyes before him. They are scum and its not unique to City.

Anyway we probably agree on the vast majority of the decisions but view the reasons for them differently. I dont agree with you about it but respect your view is shared by many, hope you can respect my view similarly.

Just to make it clear I get as pissed off with refereeing decisions as much as anybody on this forum. Probably more than many as my matchday commute involves a five hundred mile journey and 85 quid in petrol costs. I do think of late we have had some horrendous decisions but, maybe I am naive, but with no evidence I cannot believe there is a systematic campaign by referees to influence our matches to benefit United. It would only take one fall out, one referee to disagree for that whole corrupt system to come crashing down and if, as people say in here, the FA are responsible are the blokes in charge likely to risk long jail terms, the destruction of their families to benefit United. I am guessing they are already extremely wealthy people so why take the risk?

You may say I am being a Wum but the alternative , to me, acks a decent motive, lack of evidence and requires the collusion of numerous people. The suggestion literally infers all refs are bent, are if not, are culpable in covering up this cheating. Similarly all those involved in the higher echelons of the FA and presumably there paymasters which could be one of United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or all four of them. It does not make my viewpoint the most ridiculous or extreme Wum does it? For many my argument could be considered more balanced than those believing in a widespread conspiracy.

As for the Media nobody hates them more than me. Unlike many on here, who moan they are shafting us, I wont give Sky or BT a penny.

The treatment of Pep is bang out of order but take the blue tinted specs off and it was similarly disgraceful how they treated Van Gaal or even Moyes before him. They are scum and its not unique to City.

Anyway we probably agree on the vast majority of the decisions but view the reasons for them differently. I dont agree with you about it but respect your view is shared by many, hope you can respect my view similarly.

Fair enough Frank, but I bet similar views were shared in Italy yet we all know how that turned out....

When Aguero did that, it was the 70th minute and we were 2-1 up so he was presumably booked for time-wasting. Spurs were behind when Alli did it so he was actually quite stupid but couldn't really be accused of time-wasting.

FYI time wasting isn't the offence here, it's 'delaying the restart of the game' so something he defiantly could/should have been booked for yesterday

Frank isn't a WUM, he just keeps getting asked for his opinion which he is perfectly entitled to give. I disagree completely with him. For the record we don't get shafted every week, that would be too obvious. The FA only need two or three bent refs which they have in Taylor, Mason and Mariner. For people not to see this is strange but I accept your viewpoint as naive as I think it is.

The Chelsea game was the tipping point for me. How anyone can say the guy who caused the ruck by pushing over Sergio should not have been sent off? The very fact that the FA still have this rule that the referee took action so it can't be reviewed tells you all you need to know. Why would they change this rule that is there to promote cheating.

I blame the club as well. We're too compliant, too soft. We take everything. As it stands I won't be watching football live next season, the first since the seventies. I feel like a pawn in Scudamore's plan to get the old top four re-established. And I currently have no desire to contribute to their scheme.

I hope I change as I really enjoyed yesterday despite the decisions and I had, and have, more pressing matters on my mind at the moment to get too worked up about it.

Cheers Manchester Blue. No issues with you completely disagreeing with me as its the nature of a forum.

I have sort of expressed my views in response to inchy so wont repeat them in here.

In relation to the Fa ruling I can only think it is not to undermine the refs and leave the likes of Mourinho asking for retrospective action for pretty much every incident a ref has made a decision on. There is another thread on video refs and Im a great believer for match-defining decisions such as pens, professional fouls it should be adopted. Sorry you have more pressing matters at the moment and I hope you can use football as an outlet as its supposed to be.

Fair enough Frank, but I bet similar views were shared in Italy yet we all know how that turned out....

Very true mate. We saw that with the Pakistani cricketers of late. It would be a very sad day if it proves to be true though,and thats just due to the number of threads I will be tagged in.

I think there is corruption... We screwed you lot twice last season, which was one of the tihngs that brought me here.. My question is this:

1) are City really on the tough end of things? or
2) do all fans experience the same and make the same complaints?

I think 1. Compare the last few months of City's season and United's season. It's hard to explain this.

So if we agree you are on the hard side of things, my question is this:

1) is it just unlucky and it all evens itself out? or
2) is it deliberate?

I am leaning towards 2. But it could be 1. Suppose its 2...my question is this:

1) is it deliberate to screw City? or
2) is it deliberate but for some other aim and City are only screwed as a byproduct of this...?

I feel the difference this time is that the wider media are condemning Marriner for not having the balls to make the right call and I am really pleased to hear Pep saying he would like an explanation of the laws of the game (according to PiGMOL) from Mike Riley.

I feel the difference this time is that the wider media are condemning Marriner for not having the balls to make the right call and I am really pleased to hear Pep saying he would like an explanation of the laws of the game (according to PiGMOL) from Mike Riley.
Be interesting to see what happens to Marriner in the next round of PL games in 2 weeks. Given that virtually all the media are on his back, he should be demoted or sitting those games out. But I bet he won't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.