Referees/Officials

He, quite clearly, did not
Sterling dragged his leg across the defender looking for the foul.

IMO, though, it was still a foul.

At the very worst a non-call.

But I think that Sterling was looking for the call and his exaggeration, in this instance, didn't work to our favor.

Keep going , you're nearly convincing yourself .
So, you do believe that the ref was corrupt? And that there was a conspiracy against City? Most interesting. Please expound.

If you're convincing enough, hell.. we can even forward your text to UEFA - get some officials banned for sure!

Go! Go! Go!

So, you do believe that the ref was corrupt? And that there was a conspiracy against City? Most interesting. Please expound.

If you're convincing enough, hell.. we can even forward your text to UEFA - get some officials banned for sure!

Go! Go! Go!

Not sure 'corrupt' is the term I'd use but, without doubt, he was giving them a leg-up. Not booking thier players for clear fouls gave them a huge advantage. Digne should have been booked as should Busquests for repeated offences

Not sure 'corrupt' is the term I'd use but, without doubt, he was giving them a leg-up. Not booking thier players for clear fouls gave them a huge advantage. Digne should have been booked as should Busquests for repeated offences
+1

Exactly.

A really poor performance by the ref.

But to accuse the ref of bias/corruption - is tin hat stuff. Totally unwarranted on the sole evidence of this match.

Sterling was looking for the penalty - but yeah, it was totally a foul.

But, not calling the foul (for whatever reason) and carding Sterling (again mystifying), and on that basis concluding that the ref is corrupt - is some sort of tin-hat conspiracy lunacy IMO.

The ref fucked up - big time.

But was he an intentional cheat? I don't think so.

For that matter, was he totally incompetent - I also don't think so. He largely called the game fairly outside of these moments.

Again - if he was corrupt/incompetent - he could easily have blown for a penalty on Messi in our box (wrong call but if totally biased he would have) and he could have blown for hand ball against Kun.

You do realise that this was the same ref that denied City 2 clear penalties when Silva and Richards were fouled when we played against Bayern in 2011. Were they also incompetent decisions if so why is this guy allowed to ref in such a huge game as last night or possibly he is allowed to ref as he can influence thoise games that UEFA wish to be influenced

You do realise that this was the same ref that denied City 2 clear penalties when Silva and Richards were fouled when we played against Bayern in 2011. Were they also incompetent decisions if so why is this guy allowed to ref in such a huge game as last night or possibly he is allowed to ref as he can influence thoise games that UEFA wish to be influenced
So should I count you among the Collin Bells who seem to think that UCL refs are corrupt/biased? Or are you with me that refs can have bad nights and totally screw up calls, sometimes going in streaks for one side or another.

If you're in the former camp - then things are really bleak - UCL officials, then, are biased for Barca (and maybe other sides) and are backed all the way up the management chain to make their questionable calls free of scrutiny so that they can continue in their corrupt capacity.

To which I say, utter bollocks. Refs have bad games. Tonight's ref had one such.

Had the ref been totally corrupt, he had ample opportunity to:

1) Award a penalty against us when Messi went down;
2) Card Kun for a hand ball;
3) Card Sterling for a 2nd offense and send him off;

etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.