Referees/Officials

in the last few seasons,Oliver has refused us 3 or even 4 stonewall penalties in an Etihad derby,(the one Kun scored and we won 1-0)missed Moreno chopping down Kun in last year`s League Cup Final for an obvious penalty and now Sunday`s failure to spot a pull back on Kun and kicking of Sterling`s foot for obvious penalty.
Is it feasible that one official can make so many mistakes honestly?

Well if I was referee and refereed the scum Id give em fcuk all just like Oliver the rag Tw_AT

in the last few seasons,Oliver has refused us 3 or even 4 stonewall penalties in an Etihad derby,(the one Kun scored and we won 1-0)missed Moreno chopping down Kun in last year`s League Cup Final for an obvious penalty and now Sunday`s failure to spot a pull back on Kun and kicking of Sterling`s foot for obvious penalty.
You're also forgetting Leicester away (and who wouldn't?) where he was ref. Possibly another 3 penalties he ignored/didn't give.

You're also forgetting Leicester away (and who wouldn't?) where he was ref. Possibly another 3 penalties he ignored/didn't give.

Wasn't he ref at Everton away this season as well?
Again Sterling was denied a pen

I remember him giving Welbeck a penalty at OT when his studs got caught in the turf and no one appealed for a pen and there wasn't a Fulham player within 5 yards - shocking decision.

Hopefully next season, this won't be an issue. As Scudamore will have decided that it's our turn
to have our name on the trophy ;-) OK i'll get back to my mediation.

If it's Monsieur La Bouteilleuse (as Uefa call him!) then it's more than feasible. He's lauded and feted as the new Les Tirebuck, Jim Finney or Arthur Ellis and it's gone to his head.

This is the stupid thing about the new rule. Aguero could stand on the edge of the six-yard box for the whole game. Sterling or Sane could then beat the last defender on the half-way line and have a free run in the opposition half draw the keeper and pass to Aguero for a tap-in but as long as Aguero is behind the ball when it's played to him, then he's counted as being onside.

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate
Sorry but you are like so many in not understanding the offside rule. This rule was amended precisely because Fergie and in particular van horse face were standing miles offside waiting for the winger to pass him, play it backwards so therefore no longer being offside. The above rule expressly prevents that so how our wonderful pundits continue to make out Liverpool had a gilt edged opportunity is beyond astounding. These are the people we are paying to give expert opinion and they simply mislead the masses. You yourselves, intelligent football fans are now convinced it was onside.

Someone mentioned that the linesman did flag that may be the case but none of the pundits made the viewing public aware it wouldn't have counted therefore it wasn't a chance. Instead it's bigged up that Liverpool could have won it when clearly they couldn't.

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate
Sorry but you are like so many in not understanding the offside rule. This rule was amended precisely because Fergie and in particular van horse face were standing miles offside waiting for the winger to pass him, play it backwards so therefore no longer being offside. The above rule expressly prevents that so how our wonderful pundits continue to make out Liverpool had a gilt edged opportunity is beyond astounding. These are the people we are paying to give expert opinion and they simply mislead the masses. You yourselves, intelligent football fans are now convinced it was onside.

Someone mentioned that the linesman did flag that may be the case but none of the pundits made the viewing public aware it wouldn't have counted therefore it wasn't a chance. Instead it's bigged up that Liverpool could have won it when clearly they couldn't.
Sorry but I believe that's crap. The rule change was nothing to do with RVP. If Aguero is stood in an offside position when Sterling receives the ball, he's not classed as active at that point. If Sterling beats the defender and Aguero is behind the ball when he crosses it, I don't believe he would be flagged offside as play has supposedly entered a different phase. And the assistant definitely did not flag Lallana offside as it was right in line with where I sit and we were all open-mouthed.

Sorry but I believe that's crap. The rule change was nothing to do with RVP. If Aguero is stood in an offside position when Sterling receives the ball, he's not classed as active at that point. If Sterling beats the defender and Aguero is behind the ball when he crosses it, I don't believe he would be flagged offside as play has supposedly entered a different phase. And the assistant definitely did not flag Lallana offside as it was right in line with where I sit and we were all open-mouthed.

The incident was right in line with we FOCs in CBL3 in 323. There was nothing like a sufficient time lapse for anyone to suggest that when the ball was passed to Lalaland it was a different phase of play. The canute should have been flagged, the useless non-flag waving flag-waver either couldn't get the flag back from up his arse or he thought England's new Bobby Moore was not offside. As an expert in the offside LAW I was incredulous. But it was typical of how that lino plied his trade - cluelessly.

I remember from last season, I think, we had one ref who dragged play back after an inordinate amount of time to give the Dippers a free kick having allowed them to gain an advantage that they squandered. We had a similar instance with Bottliver waving his arms like a fucking Dutch windmill, nothing came of it, and I shouted we wanted the free kick just like the Dippers last season. The variation between referees, and the same referee, often in the same fuckin' half, is killing the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.