Referees/Officials

I disagree.

Fair enough.

At Stoke he gave us a soft penalty under the new directive, but he likewise gave Stoke one...thats consistancy in the same match by the same referee. Which was sadly lacking in the Chelski and Burnley games.

Just my opinion thats all, and I respect yours as a fellow blue, just chewing the fat so to speak.

Fair enough.

At Stoke he gave us a soft penalty under the new directive, but he likewise gave Stoke one...thats consistancy in the same match by the same referee. Which was sadly lacking in the Chelski and Burnley games.

Just my opinion thats all, and I respect yours as a fellow blue, just chewing the fat so to speak.

well I'm not going into specifics (yet), but every time this season he referees a certain top 6 team, the opposition have a player sent off, and in 2 of those games he gives the top 6 team a penalty as well, added to the United game, then I think something's up.

well I'm not going into specifics (yet), but every time this season he referees a certain top 6 team, the opposition have a player sent off, and in 2 of those games he gives the top 6 team a penalty as well, added to the United game, then I think something's up.

Fair enough....I was looking at him refeeing us in our games, not the Swamp monsters from Trafford Park. I look forward to your findings.

I have no issue with us receiving the red cards as they where merited but i cant for one second put the fact several rag players getting away with similar or worse down to inconsistency on the refs part, sorry.

Blatant cheating as far as im concerned and as fans, all you ask for is consistency and a fair competition and we just dont get either im afraid.

If I thought the game was inherently bent as you suggest then I'd just bin it off. What would be the point in following it? Certain teams undoubtedly get preferential treatment, and it's infuriating, but I don't buy the wholesale corruption theory. There would be a whistleblower somewhere, and it would be huge news.

If I thought the game was inherently bent as you suggest then I'd just bin it off. What would be the point in following it? Certain teams undoubtedly get preferential treatment, and it's infuriating, but I don't buy the wholesale corruption theory. There would be a whistleblower somewhere, and it would be huge news.

I dont suggest wholesale corruption, just enough to ensure that certain teams dont miss out and if they ever do, it isnt for long as that is bad for the brand and bad for business.

We have already seen off several referees in the past and this news in the mirror suggests to me that once again, we have had just about enough of what it is they are doing and are flexing our muscles.

I've been consistent over the last few seasons with the message the article runs with and its how can a footballing side that dominates possession in the way we do, win so many games, score record amount of goals doing so yet consistently be whistled for more fouls and more cards than sides chasing us about and kicking us?

Payback for the last time we went with a dossier perhaps?

Like there was for Jimmy Saville you mean, which anyone connected to him knew about but failed to mention? Or corruption within FIFA which everyone could see but they got away with for years? One thing we should all know by now is that if it's in the establishment's interest to bury bad news, they will do and our media is generally supine when it comes to reporting this sort of stuff. And even teams getting preferential treatment is corrupt.

I've been consistent over the last few seasons with the message the article runs with and its how can a footballing side that dominates possession in the way we do, win so many games, score record amount of goals doing so yet consistently be whistled for more fouls and more cards than sides chasing us about and kicking us?

I agree that the general point about our possession and number of fouls relative to the amount of free kicks yellow cards we pick up is disproportionate, and I think Guardiola is right to raise his concerns.

A big part of why we are bottom of the fair play league though is down to needless red cards that we're acquiring, and from senior pros at that.

You could argue that some of that is borne from frustration, but they should know better and not give refs the opportunity to send them off. Nolito, Aguero (x 2 with the West Ham one) and Fernandinho (x 2) were all down to the player, there was no injustice in that regard.

Like there was for Jimmy Saville you mean, which anyone connected to him knew about but failed to mention?

I'm not sure the two are comparable, to be fair. It's a bad analogy. I'll give you the FIFA (and indeed UEFA) corruption though, even if it's not like for like.

If you do think it's inherently bent though, how do you explain the marginal 2012 and 2014 title wins? Surely it wouldn't have taken much to nobble us at some point in the lead up to those successes?

Also, as mentioned to blueinsa, why would you carry on following a sport that you felt was corrupt?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.