Reform UK Party Limited Company

How stupid do they think people are - by his logic 600k people come and we build 200k homes hence we have only one third of needs met. That assumes that every person that arrives is single and requires a home alone - simple answers to complex problems are only swallowed whole by simple people who cannot or will not understand the complexity of the problem

Very long sequence of replies looking into the background of Zia Yusuf but well worth the time it takes to read through them.

I have yet to listen to a word he has spoken or read a word he has written (aside from the little I have encountered in the above) but I doubt that Yusuf should be regarded as a token Muslim, a turkey voting for Christmas as it were.

Given that this move has alienated the anti-Muslim bigots and racists who voted for Reform, I think it might signal their intention to move (or at least to appear to have moved) in the direction of the centre-right in UK politics. Could this perhaps even pave the way for an eventual merger with the Tories? Or at least, might it make the party more palatable for potential defectors from the Conservatives? Whatever, it helps to deflect criticism that the Party is proto-fascist.

I would also be very surprised if Yusuf isn't more than a bit like Ed Husain (who is also right-wing these days). For anyone who hasn't heard of him, Husain was the author of The Islamist and is a former member of Hizb ut-Tahrir. Nowadays he earns a living as an academic in the USA. I have read all three of Husain's publications and - while I don't care for his politics - I do like the guy and cannot disagree with his insistence that Islamism continues to be an issue in the UK.

Husain's X feed can be sampled here:

All this makes me wonder if, in the future, we can expect attacks on Islamists from Yusuf, but also the continued caricaturing and 'othering' of asylum seekers as potential Islamists. Given that non-Islamist Muslims tend to be culturally conservative but politically liberal*, this may even make the party attractive to them as potential voters.

Am offering up this perspective very tentatively, by the way. What I have typed could be a load of bollocks for all I know.

*In spite of what various surveys have suggested, the notion that Muslims are inherently predisposed to favour a harsh and anti-democratic form of Shariah law has been debunked by Charles Kurzman in his book The Missing Martyrs: Why There Are So Few Muslim Terrorists.

I see the stop the boats thread has gone again,,,, hmmm getting more like the main stream media every day.
Folk have different opinions, get over it!

I see the stop the boats thread has gone again,,,, hmmm getting more like the main stream media every day.
Folk have different opinions, get over it!
Because they aren’t sensible discussion based threads.

They are lowest tier, reactionary, populist slogans that drive incendiary tittle tattle.

It’s not a conspiracy.

Because they aren’t sensible discussion based threads.

They are lowest tier, reactionary, populist slogans that drive incendiary tittle tattle.

It’s not a conspiracy.
Not really there does have to be a solution to it surly you have to see that.
Let me ask you a question, if 3 blokes turned up at your door on a Saturday night and said"a up mucker we know you know nothing about us, but is it ok we stay at yours till a week on tuesday "

What would your answer be?........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.