Reform UK Party Limited Company

The way that interview has been completely mythologised and twisted is infuriating to me and I don’t even like Starmer.

Starmer says about 10 times in 30 seconds “Israel has the right to defend itself… Israel has that right… Israel has that right…” clearly he is talking about Israel’s right to defend itself. That point is abundantly clear.

Ferrari interrupts and talks about stopping water and Starmer continues “Israel has that right [stuck in a loop of repeating the same thing he’s already said repeatedly]. Obviously everything should be done within international law.

How has the bit in bold been totally erased from history? How has this turned into Starmer advocating the deaths of children? Is starving children within the bounds of international law? No? Then that is quite obviously not what he’s suggesting. Is stopping water as a form of collective punishment within the bounds of international law? No? Then he clearly he was not suggesting that either. It’s not a matter for ambiguity.

There have been people complaining for years about the Tories taking things out of context and weaponising them against the likes of Corbyn, and now they’re quite happily doing it themselves without a second thought. Suggesting somebody believes war crimes are okay when they have actually quite clearly said the exact opposite. Unless somebody can come here and explain how war crimes can be committed within international law.

It wasn't clear though was it. He didn't answer the question directly. He could have just answered about the specific things Ferrari cited and said they are not allowed.

Why was he stuck in the loop? Because he was avoiding giving a direct answer.

Emily Thornberry then went further and said Israel has an absolute right.

Last edited:
For the sake of clarity, we should change the thread title from ‘Reform’ to the ‘Russian Fascist Party’ :)

That name is already taken.

main-qimg-dcf51cc85cd92f149b58b8ea4300c2ac-lq

It wasn't clear though was it. He didn't answer the question directly. He could have just answered about the specific things Ferrari cited and said they are not allowed.

Why was he stuck in the loop? Because he was avoiding giving a direct answer.

Emily Thornberry then went further and said Israel has an absolute right.

Of course, I totally agree his answer was shoddy, and that dithering and indecision is part of the reason I really can’t take to him as an individual. It was a clumsy and terrible interview and Labour’s positioning on the whole issue was worthy of criticism.

I’m just highlighting there’s a difference between Starmer trying to be evasive to avoid upsetting people for political reasons, and him having some earnest belief that committing war crimes is a morally acceptable thing to do. He clarified that actions should be confined by international law. That’s good enough for me to know he acknowledges there is a line, even if his messaging on where that line can be found was inadequate.

The Tories and Reform don’t even know international law exists, so in that respect it’s a small improvement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.