Regarding allocation at Blackburn away

Taken from a BR messageboard

damorovers wrote:does anyone know if the club have allocated rovers fans all the bottom tier of darwen end or just half of it like they did a few years ago??

Right now it is the first two blocks, but if Season Ticket sales are good then there is no reason not to open up the other two areas to Season Ticket holders I assume.

Everton have consistantly sold the entire blackburn end out for years, where last couple of visits we have struggled - though 4500 last game isnt bad!! Citys away support is not what it was - 1600 at sunderland and 1800 west ham are examples from last season. If the game is changed to a monday nite or sunday pm tea, we probabley would struggle to sell out.....though depends on the signings. we cannot be regarded top 4 purely as we have not sold out whereas others have. Hope we get the full lot though and its on a saturday.

I've been thinking about this and I'm pretty sure we'll get the full Darwen End because the decision on which 4 teams get their full allocation will surely be based on which 4 away teams are most likely to sell out.

Rags, Liverpool and Burnley pick themselves, so it's between us and Everton. We can guarantee without any doubt to sell out first game of the season, whereas Everton aren't due until April 17th, by which time that game could be a meaningless mid-table affair, unlikely to bring anywhere near 7000 Everton fans over.

Rovers may also like the benefit of the extra fortnight after we play them before their next home game to shift a few more of the £150 Darwen End tickets, which don't seem to be selling well so far, surprise surprise. Let's face it, it's a ridiculous idea to sell a season ticket that omits the top 4 games of the season when for £50 more you can see every game.

Burnley I think

Blackburn to their credit got some good crowds towards the end of last season when they sold unreserved seating at discounted prices to their fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.