Regarding allocation at Blackburn away

Being in Europe made a big difference to the away support last year.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who decided to spend my money on trips to Schalke and Hamburg, instead of run of the mill trips to Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan etc

spam, someone said we only sold out 4 away games, that's why people are posting other games which sold out. And it was 3K, not 2.5K.

Fair enough it was 3k and I have no idea who Lee is !!

It is annoying as people go on and on about taking thousands away when I can tell you now it won't happen !

I want to know on what basis people think we will take 7500 to Blackburn with another 2000 going in their end !!

Away we have been taken over by Everton and Sunderland IMO.

chanceatthefarpost said:
Being in Europe made a big difference to the away support last year.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who decided to spend my money on trips to Schalke and Hamburg, instead of run of the mill trips to Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan etc

I agree. I saved up for the European games and gave the premier away a miss this year. Apart from about four, I did start going and then realised it was pointless as we were so crap away from home.

djspam said:
Fair enough it was 3k and I have no idea who Lee is !!

It is annoying as people go on and on about taking thousands away when I can tell you now it won't happen !

I want to know on what basis people think we will take 7500 to Blackburn with another 2000 going in their end !!

Away we have been taken over by Everton and Sunderland IMO.

Our away support, along with most other clubs, has dropped significantly over the last 2-3 years or so.

People pick and choose more. However we can still take big numbers to games percieved as "big".

Demand was huge for Schalke and Hamburg, and in the last couple of years we took 7000 to Sheff united and Blackburn in the cup.

This would be one of those "In-demand" games if you ask me. First of season, Saturday, and hopefully some big names. I think we'd fill the Darwen End, or near as damn it.

foxy said:
bluejase said:
37680434566970 said:
we probably would but we would never take 7k to villa or somewhere else these days so people cant moan if only get 3-4k - thats the demand
its like bolton away, sometimes we get top and bottom sometimes we just get bottom. like you said its just how much demand for tickets there is

in total at bolton its still only 3k - top is 2200 bottom 800 and sometimes we still dont fill that ( price issues)

2800 at villa
1800 at sunderland , West Ham , Chelsea west brom
2200 at bolton
4000 wigan blackburn

only games we sold away for in league were scum, arse, liverpool and hull i think
West ham sold out

spurs sold out

Spurs last season was a reduced allocation because we havent sold all our tickets there for ages!

To be honest we havent had a great away following for a while and im a prime bloody suspect of this because ive only been going to 5 away games a season now for a few years! Used to go a lot under Royle and Keegan and ive noticed a massive change in the faces of people who travel to away games now and in the last 2 years ive noticed that we're really quiet away from home! (understandably we only won twice away all last season, but it was even before last season!)

We've not sold out a Rovers away game since i last went there in 2003 when Anelka scored the winner i think and we went top of the Prem early in the season, that was nearly 6 years ago and we've not sold out (apart from the cup game in 2006) since then! No wonder they're not bothering giving us a full allocation!

People are tending to forget we're also in the biggest recession this country has seen for many a long time - I pick and choose my away games (Go to all home games) it isn't cheap when i take my 2 sons as well - Would love to go to all games but have pay the bills and have to eat ... Well could do with cutting down on that LOL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.