Regrouping of singers within the stadium

M18CTID said:
Chappie said:
blueparrot said:
If you read the o/p they aren't talking about changing the away fans over 3 tiers. They are talking to the club about moving the singers from 109 to the 1 1/2 blocks freed up on level 1 by the away fans being spread over 3 tiers.
I can read,I am pointing out this is the last chance for us supporters to do something about the " Atmosphere"in the ground,that this forum has so many debates about.
If you dont ask you dont get,its worth the effort

If the away fans are separated over 3 different tiers there's less chance of them creating an atmosphere than if they were all stuck in the top tier so actually this proposal from the 1894 Group is better than yours in terms of giving us a chance of a better atmosphere in the home areas. Not only that, your idea messes up the plans the club has for cheap season tickets in the new third tier as sticking 3000 away fans up there encroaches on the proposed home areas that the club has been touting to potential new season ticket holders for over 12 months.

away fans rarely sell more than the lower level nowadays and not even that sometimes

mancityvstoke said:
M18CTID said:
Chappie said:
I can read,I am pointing out this is the last chance for us supporters to do something about the " Atmosphere"in the ground,that this forum has so many debates about.
If you dont ask you dont get,its worth the effort

If the away fans are separated over 3 different tiers there's less chance of them creating an atmosphere than if they were all stuck in the top tier so actually this proposal from the 1894 Group is better than yours in terms of giving us a chance of a better atmosphere in the home areas. Not only that, your idea messes up the plans the club has for cheap season tickets in the new third tier as sticking 3000 away fans up there encroaches on the proposed home areas that the club has been touting to potential new season ticket holders for over 12 months.

away fans rarely sell more than the lower level nowadays and not even that sometimes

True but I'm thinking more of the clubs that bring a big vocal following, the obvious examples being the Rags, Dippers, Spurs, Arse, and Chelsea fans (Everton fans always fill it to their credit as well but they tend to be a lot quieter than the other suspects). Splitting the fuckers over 3 tiers will make it harder for their songs to carry across their entire following.

I'd like to see it spill into the second tier as well, if everyone who wants to be in a better atmosphere gets together, I can't see the lower tier being enough. There must be some new space being generated in the second level next to the away fans too. I also think a lot of singers will try to relocate to the third tier of pricing is right, I was thinking of doing that, but if there was an area in the second tier I could move to, I would as I don't like the view from the lower tier having sat there first season we moved.

M18CTID said:
mancityvstoke said:
M18CTID said:

True but I'm thinking more of the clubs that bring a big vocal following, the obvious examples being the Rags, Dippers, Spurs, Arse, and Chelsea fans (Everton fans always fill it to their credit as well but they tend to be a lot quieter than the other suspects). Splitting the fuckers over 3 tiers will make it harder for their songs to carry across their entire following.

Should split most of those mentioned in half outside before they even get in

Quick points

Away fans get up to 3k split over 3 thin blocks in 3 tiers. They retain ss corner as old bill want them to still use that car park. No other option on the table. Its 80% of a home end better than the 50% we have now.

Cup games. Capacity next yr 54k. Technically 8100 for aways if they were taken up. If the team only asks for 3k they get the normal allocation just as a league game. So no one moves.

If we get rags in the cup and they take 8000 theyll fill.the from.top downwards to.keep singers together as much as possible. So ss 3 holds 6500.you are then talking 1600 more in ss level.2 which will.be the usual block for aways on l2 plus perhaps a few more in the block.next to it ie whole of 214

Either way avoids the sheff wed situation last week where all of ss had to relocate all over the place. It keeps us all together in that end

wearethesouthstand said:
Quick points

Away fans get up to 3k split over 3 thin blocks in 3 tiers. They retain ss corner as old bill want them to still use that car park. No other option on the table. Its 80% of a home end better than the 50% we have now.

Cup games. Capacity next yr 54k. Technically 8100 for aways if they were taken up. If the team only asks for 3k they get the normal allocation just as a league game. So no one moves.

If we get rags in the cup and they take 8000 theyll fill.the from.top downwards to.keep singers together as much as possible. So ss 3 holds 6500.you are then talking 1600 more in ss level.2 which will.be the usual block for aways on l2 plus perhaps a few more in the block.next to it ie whole of 214

Either way avoids the sheff wed situation last week where all of ss had to relocate all over the place. It keeps us all together in that end
As a matter of interest what's the plan for league matches when they don't take the full 3 tiers ? Fill from the top or fill level one first ?

I think it's a good idea. All traditional grounds always had a home "end" which is where most of the noise came from. It would be good to get a decent area like this in our ground.

This is a great opportunity for the atmosphere issue to be addressed, and one I hope people take advantage of. It's a unique situation, unlikely to be repeated.

A lot of people on here, and other social media, have been critical of the atmosphere at home games. It'd be great if those who actively want to sing are willing to relocate to 114/115, so that finally we can have a proper end at Eastlands.

It'd be a shame if the chance passed us by, so people should spread the word. Anyone disillusioned with the atmosphere where they currently sit (which seems to be a lot of people) should seize this opoprtunity. Plus season tickets in the South Stand are cheaper than elsewhere in the stadium!

C'mon Blues, make it happen.

I'll be relocating to this 100% and hopefully my brother.

Anyone who complains about the atmosphere, this is your chance! Just send an EMail off and it will be the first step to our 'Blue Wall'!!

Great idea......and all the extra flags and banners will add a lot to the general atmosphere.....as well as the singing of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.